Trusted Contributor

Christmas "clearance sale" at QVC

I amd trying to understand why QVC does not have their holiday items marked down lower than 10-20%? All the local and national stores have their holiday items 50-70% off now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas "clearance sale" at QVC

Sadly, QVC seems to think a "big sale" is usually offering easy pay.  Rarely do I see markdowns like others have at year-end on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing.....heck those prices are pretty much what they were before the Holidays....HSN knows how to have sales...both with their Holiday items and their clothing ...too bad QVC can't do the same...guess their merchandise will go to the warehouses to be dragged out next year...

What was the brand of coat that we all laughed about...it kept showing up every winter till there wasn't any left...

Esteemed Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

I amd trying to understand why QVC does not have their holiday items marked down lower than 10-20%? All the local and national stores have their holiday items 50-70% off now

Q does not want to sell out their leftovers.  These are the "Christmas in July" items that will be priced higher.

They call these sales "especially for the QVC customer".  They really think we are stupid because we keep coming back.

Respected Contributor

I got a great deal on the village advent calendar.

Original price was $66 I paid $39 

Trusted Contributor

Every year craft stores and others discount their holiday items at 50-70% late November and early in December.   I buy locally and I get many great purchases.   This allows me to sort the items I have while decorating and donate in time for others to use.  When I pack decorations after the holidays I am prepared for next year.  I also buy my bows, ribbons and paper after the holiday so it can be packed at the same time.  I never pay close to full price.  There is no need to.

Honored Contributor

So they can sell the same items next July and next holiday season.  Items stay in their inventory forever with minimal markdowns.  Not how most stores do business.

Honored Contributor

The last few months, many home and holiday decor items are showing up in the Lunchtime Specials and even the Primetime specials. 

My guess is that after the Christmas clearance show attempts today, they will, in the next couple of months, show up as Lunchtime and Primetime specials. They often have free shipping when they show up there as well.

So if there were some things in these clearance shows you were interested in but felt the prices still too  high, keep checking those lunch and prime time special offerings.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree Q sales are nothing to get excited about!

I want the melted snowmen, shipping is $5.50 and the "sale" price doesn't even cover the shipping.  I've been watching for them "as is" but no luck.

Trusted Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

I got a great deal on the village advent calendar.

Original price was $66 I paid $39 

@MaRina

Goos for you. Thats not a bad price for QVC.