Occasional Contributor

New to this blog but 32+ years with QVC.  I have always looked forweard to Xmas in July to find unusual items that will work with my decorating.  I am so tired of the same items being shown over and over (Xmas trees, Mr. Xmas, Berkshire throws, Bethlehem candle lights).  Years ago, there was a lot of variety in items and I do understand that the pandemic has caused a supply problem.  Buit enough with the TSV's being shown all day long.  I enjoyed the Martha Stewart show today since they were new items.  People are right, we do have a choice to turn the station but I was really looking forward to something unique this season.  I don't see how this was their best Xmas in July ever.

Respected Contributor

Show same items over and over.  Not much brand new.  I did get Valerie's mercury glass trees.  They have timers and gorgeous.  New to me but reviews from last year.  So a repeat item.

I will be spending a lot less this season and shut in and over did last year.  I got enough of everything.

Esteemed Contributor

@janefromnewmexico, A very warm welcome to you!  I couldn’t agree more with what you said.  I used to watch the Q on TV, but not much now.

I have always loved Jim Shore, and particularly loved his Santa’s representative of different countries.  He did these years ago.  And I also love St. Francis statues.  Well, as part of an occasion coming up, I ordered an “out of stock” St.Francis statue, and two Santa’s dressed in their country’s garb, from EBay.  They were made about ten years ago, and I have always loved them.  Along with his angels, my favorite Jim Shore items.

I am elderly now, but still kickin’, and have many who will inherit all our stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

@janefromnewmexico, Welcome, and I hope you enjoy this forum.  Lots of nice and helpful people are found here.  

FWIW, For the first time in years, I have the ability to see QVC right on my TV without having to screen mirror or go to Youtube--my Xfinity Flex box just added QVC & HSN apps. 

Yay!  Or so I thought?

I look forward to CIJ, but even if it's CIJ, I am not going to watch the same item over and over and over.  No way.  So my new tv app is not getting much use, yet.

Respected Contributor

The only part of CIJ that I watched was Martha Stewart's show. Valerie's things looked too much the same to me. I bought nothing so far.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the unique things will come on September when they do the real Countdown to Christmas.  There's still a whole lot of Christmas merchandise and Christmas shows to come. 

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the Boards!

I have to agree with you on this --  I have always LOVED Christmas in July on QVC.  It was something I looked forward to watching/recording because they always seemed to have their best holiday offerings then.  Last year I went completely overboard and bought so many things (that I definitely didn't need!).

This year is a completely different story.  The programming was pretty awful from the beginning.  Many items were on clearance or from last year.  There were very few new items.  And, the items that were new are being shown over and over (and over!) again.  If people didn't purchase them after the first 10 times, I would assume it's time to move onto something new.  lol 

That being said, I only made a few purchases this year.  I bought the Luminara TSV in Pewter (which really has nothing to do with Christmas even though it was considered a CIJ TSV), a fall candle set from Homeworx, and two Halloween throws from Berkshire.  My purchases really had nothing to with their holiday programming this year.

I know there are so many problems this year going on with shipping, manufacturing, and workers.  That could very well be the reason why the offerings weren't so exciting.  Just look at the way almost everything is on an advanced order.  That speaks to what's going on in the world.  If that's the case, then it's not QVC's fault.

However, don't advertise something as being the "biggest" event ever.  It really isn't.  It might be the biggest in terms of length it went on (starting in June), but that's about it.

Even though I have been disappointed this year, I will continue to watch CIJ and their holiday programming once it resumes in September/October.  Hopefully things will be better next year.