Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas in July survey

I think ALL retailers are strongly evaluating their approach to CIJ this year, because of the current situation with COVID. With so much uncertainty, and so many many customers that have lost, and/or losing their livelihoods, I think it is a sound decision.

I will be grateful for whatever they have in store for us, and am eagerly looking forward to finding out.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am surprised that the survey is so close to the actual event. Surely the merchandise is purchased and in transit if not already in the warehouses. It often takes a year for seasonal items to hit the marketplce. I'm with those who think it's a survey to adjust the amount of airtime and the sales pitch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm probably the only one that never does them.

They get deleted. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took the survey and I liked the "Joy in July" phrase better than the other two.  It seemed to go along with the true meaning of Christmas.  Like others have said, I am sure that the merchandise has been ordered for months.  This may just determine how many days that they actually devote to CIJ.  It seemed to imply that there would be delays in shipping items.

ETA:  Pennsylvania has been one of the hardest hit states.  It makes me wonder if they will have to continue with fewer staff and crew.  That's my thought anyway.   ???

Frequent Contributor

@50Mickey I too am looking forward to QVC's CIJ Programming.  If I got a survey I would share that with all the brands Qurate owns it seems they would have some good buying power, and they could put together a really stellar line-up of decor pieces across all styles.  I have already started my list for this year for a couple decor pieces that I am wanting! Smiley Very Happy

I watch CIJ every year and we even use that time to have different dishes we try for our actual Christmas meals. I think my enjoyment comes from a) I love Christmas, and b) it is a nice break in the middle of the year to get in the spirit to get us through. 

I buy several items every year and they are good, some better than I buy at local stores but I like them. QVC does a great job with the CIJ and I vote to keep it, we need it!!

They will use this time to sell something, might as well be Christmas decor!!

Respected Contributor

@bf5532 Love the idea of taste testing possible holiday choices! It would shake up the summertime menu and then you avoid a holiday dinner disappointment. Gives you a chance to tweak the dish before the big day. Besides, it would be simply fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bf5532 wrote:

I watch CIJ every year and we even use that time to have different dishes we try for our actual Christmas meals. I think my enjoyment comes from a) I love Christmas, and b) it is a nice break in the middle of the year to get in the spirit to get us through. 

I buy several items every year and they are good, some better than I buy at local stores but I like them. QVC does a great job with the CIJ and I vote to keep it, we need it!!

They will use this time to sell something, might as well be Christmas decor!!

@bf5532  What a good idea about trying Christmas dishes during CIJ! I'm totally stealing your idea. Maybe some new cookie recipes too!

Honored Contributor

I doubt QVC is going to stop doing CIJ, but sounds like they have caught wind of the fact that consumers are not interested in buying more junk from China...and have also figured out they need to add new things to their inventory...I don't watch any of it, but see what's presented online...and so much of it looks way too familiar each year. I also think that many customers will have much less money to spend on things like CIJ this year. I am sure ma y of us will watch, but fewer will buy. I am focusing on what I need more than what I want right now.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I doubt QVC is going to stop doing CIJ, but sounds like they have caught wind of the fact that consumers are not interested in buying more junk from China...and have also figured out they need to add new things to their inventory...I don't watch any of it, but see what's presented online...and so much of it looks way too familiar each year. I also think that many customers will have much less money to spend on things like CIJ this year. I am sure ma y of us will watch, but fewer will buy. I am focusing on what I need more than what I want right now.

Messaeges on Facebook to Valerie Par Hill have not been returned. I am praying Valerie will be there for CIJ. Im sure she is scrambling with suppliers to find American made goods.