Valued Contributor

Re: Christmas in July survey

@50Mickey wrote:

@Ruby Laine wrote:

I like Christmas in July, @50Mickey!  Even locally owned shops around here get into the spirit. There are open houses and sales. I was on Etsy just yesterday looking at Christmas cards. 

What were a couple of things asked on the survey?

@Ruby Laine  A lot of questions about what purchases that I made last year, what categories of merchandise that I would like to see this year. They also asked about shopping cyber Monday.  I had to select the wording that I liked best from 3 different ads for Christmas in July and a few other things. Just got the impression that maybe they are rethinking how they approach this year's Christmas in July.

I'm sure you're right, @50Mickey, and those are good questions to ask. It's interesting that they are placing importance on wording, too. Thanks for getting back to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never received a survey from QVC.  That is interesting, I hope I do because people complain but I  enjoy the change of pace with the Christmas shows, it's nice to get ideas for decorating even if I am not purchasing.  Give good marks please Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Considering how many customers now suddenly think all goods from China are evil and are to be avoided at all costs, I think they might as well forget the whole thing.  Surely they won't be buying.

I have to agree.  Particularly looking forward to it less this year.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't get the survery, I wish I would have.  I LOVE Christmas in July and I will probably be buying. I love the programming and never get tired of it but I am one of those Christmas year round kind of people.  

Honored Contributor

Somewhat impressed that they are asking us. I'd mention crafts, home decor, and LESS food. Spend a whole weekend on CIJ with some more hours during the week.

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey  Didn't get the survey, but I wish I had. I LOVE CIJ! I start looking forward to it after Christmas each year. My purchases are few and not extravagant, so they are probably not interested in what I think. I love the old fashioned decor items. Not a fan of too much mercury glass. Love flameless candles. Love the Lenox sets of ornaments and other kinds as well. VPH always has some candle rings I have to have. Can't get enough of it!

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it was a randomly selected survey PA Mom-mom. I only purchased 3 items last July a couple of flocked candle rings from  Valerie Parr Hill, a small lighted twig tree and some candy from Squirrel Nut Brand. 

Respected Contributor

I did not get the survey but I remember David Venable saying last year that planning and buying is done 1 YEAR IN ADVANCE !  How can they pivot and change direction 2 months out ?  I dont think they have enough time... unless they plan to warehouse everyhing unitil 2021.  People are holding tight to their monies during the scourge, whether the products come from China or America.

Respected Contributor

Planning a year in advance I can see but buying a year in advance I don't know.  That seems pretty risky. I think they are trying to decide how much time to devote to CIJ and what to feature. And how to market these shows.  They have shifted shows around  before and I am sure that they can do this again. Maybe they will focus more heavily on clothes, electronics etc. But I hope not.  

Esteemed Contributor

@just wonder  I concur!!! You said everything I was thinking and more.😊 I even decorate my living room with some of my CIJ treasures in honor of the occasion.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖