Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July not far off.

@bargainsgirlIt's like that saying..Life is uncertain, eat dessert First.   I will enjoy Christmas  whenever I can for as long as it lasts. 

Valued Contributor

Shop HQ had a tree on set last night.

Respected Contributor

I am really disappointed with all the CIJ negativity during this event. Also, missing so many of the regular positive and creative posters who usually participate in this forum. I am not one to put my feelings out there a lot but I am so put off by this. 

QVC is not the only channel on the television. I don't like summer and all the clothes and self-tanners that are advertised for months, but I don't come in here whining and complaining constantly. At least five forums are filled with negative posts about CIJ....it is a bore.

I am having a ball today.......so happy with all the shows but I miss my happy friends and all their creative posts......I can certainly see and understand why they aren't here. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee   Many of your fellow CIJ lovers are around.  I was fairly busy watching, checking online, and ordering.

Could not sign in for most of the day today per this  website's whims.

I started my Christmas orders by getting the Enstrom dark chocolate with almonds on David's Thursday night show.

Saturday, I ordered the 30 inch lantern in the brushed bronze--loved the size and the fact that the three luminara candles were removable.

Also ordered a six piece set of Beekmans soaps, an Advent wine order, and Slatkins Homeworx candle set in an acorn fragrance.

Finally ordered the set of six mini Germack jars.  Purchased last year for the first time and loved them.

So--be of good Christmas in July cheer--we ARE here!  Looking forward to future QVC CIJ'd offerings.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee Sorry that I didn't post much during the CIJ weekend.  I ordered my annual complement of balsam wreaths to be dropshipped and the Bonne Maman advent calendar for my mother.  I watched VPH's preview and there just wasn't anything that interested me.  

I stopped watching the shows years ago when I gave up cable, but I still enjoy seeing what all of you like, how you decorate and what you purchase.  I'm not QVC's target customer any more so I don't buy that much, but VPH is my favorite category to browse online even if I don't buy anything.

I loved all of the VPH gingerbread items.  I don't use them or buy them, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the pictures and the various way they are used to decorate for the holidays.

There are always negative posters.  I just ignore them and read the positive posts.  I look forward to seeing future CIJ offerings.

Respected Contributor

It does seem like there wasn't much chatter this year - maybe later. I really enjoyed the shows, just didn't buy much - just the 25" Luminara Lantern.

Personally I've been very busy the last couple of months emptying out my garage storage cabinets of all the decor I have accumulated over the years and don't use anymore - not just holiday, but everything. I've been selling on Nextdoor and doing pretty well. I'm a little embarassed at how much I buy and discard. 

And also I think Valerie's shows haven't gotten into the type of decor I like the best - not so much the cutesy gingerbread stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I spent 2 hours working in my flowerbeds and then sat down and watched Valerie's shows in the heat of the day.

I got the clip on Cardinals that sold out......I wasn't fast enough last year...LOL

I also got a 4ft twinkeling tree....not thst I needed that...but I like to leave those out in Jan and Feb as 'winter decor'. Brightens up those cold, snowy winter evenings..

Contributor

I really enjoy watching CIJ - I like to get early presents and decor so I don't have to be scrambling once November rolls around.

It was scorching hot here in WI so I ended up watching most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Ordered VPH 5' twinkling frosted tree. Planning on setting it up as an additional tree with clip on cardinals in honor of my mom who passed away last year. Picked up the VPH retro reindeer too. 

Honored Contributor

Hey guys!

I wasn't on much as we had our computer go down for several weeks, and posting from my phone is a huge headache, so I just haven't been here much. Sorry I missed sharing the weekend shows in 'real time' with you all. 

Back up and running and hoping that I will be able to be on more during the actual CIJ shows and days from here on out 

I watched a lot this past weekend, but bought little, just a couple of advanced orders of things for the grandkids, which I may or may not decide to keep. 

Don't want to be buying more stuff but still love watching!.

Occasional Contributor

I bought 2 gifts in January for this Christmas. Might be a tad early but it is what they love and was on a great after Christmas sale, I truly celebrate all year