Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July not far off.

@Mominohio Some people have no control.  They feel compelled to express their opinion, even when those opinions are negative.  I just scroll on by their posts hoping that expressing themselves here helps relieve some of the stress in their lives.  So, see, you've actually managed to do a public service by giving those who need to vent a target!  Good job!

I rarely ever watch QVC any longer, but I still check to see what's offered, especially Valerie's items.  I really like to see Valerie's Facebook previews.  While I don't participate  on FB, I follow the links that you and other posters add to the forum to check things out.

So, thank you for posting in the past, now and in the future!

Frequent Contributor

I cannot wait. Love Christmas in July and happy it is starting a little early.  Good time to buy gifts.  Merry Christmas Everyone ...

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the holiday shows!! My mother was the all year, full time Christmas mom!!  Gifts bought throughout the year, cookies and cakes baked early and house decorated to the hilt!! 

Doesn't bother me that it begins so early on QVC.  I really like the holiday atmosphere and happy, overall environment.  I do change the channel if I don't want to watch the host, vendor or no interest in the items. 

Always try to watch Valerie's shows. But hope that there isn't so much glitter, dazzle and battery usage or at least a choice..  Am more of a woodsy, homey, traditional colors type of holiday decorator!

Respected Contributor

@corita, that does seem to be one of Valerie's strengths. She'll have items in shows that are traditional, country, or glitzy and can appeal to different styles.

I enjoy watching the holiday shows because you often see things you never see in the stores. Or if you find something similar in a store, the QVC product seems better quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Bring it on!  I look forward to our discussions about the products being offered.

Like a well-worn shoe, this is a comfort zone for some of us.

Nice to hear from you, @Mominohio .

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

It seems like some have not mastered the use of a remote control. I feel for those who must sit and watch shows that make them so miserable. Here's a thought. On the days that Christmas shows are on do something else besides sit in front of the TV and complain. The other shows will be back on the a day or two. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I hope vendors are back this year, especially Valerie. 

It wasn't the same watching last year, Here's hoping it will be more traditional procedures by then.

@MominohioI have to say I didn't have a problem with the set-up last year.  I really enjoyed seeing Valerie in her own home and I thought the set decorator did a fabulous job decorating QVC's sets. 

At times the broadcasting got a little messed up, but it is what it is and it was the only way to keep everyone safe. 

I am definitely looking forward to all the shows and am already telling my charge card to try to stay cool because I do tend to burn it up! 

As far as all the negative comments, I just don't understand.  Why would people take the time to be so negative?  I guess that is what makes them happy?

Well anyhow, Merry Christmas to you and yours!  I will be enjoying the Christmas shows too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  Thank you for your post! I was wondering if you were going to be participating this year. These days you never know. Believe me, there are plenty of us who keep Christmas all year long, and are.waiting for CIJ. I would love to see the vendors in studio, but I'm afraid it isn't going to happen. But, I'll be watching and enjoying the Christmas atmosphere.

Frequent Contributor

I cannot wait for Christmas in July! Summer is my nemesis (I live in the South) and CIJ is a much anticipated event for me.

I bake, crank up the AC and enjoy all of the beautiful set decorations! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Not that I expected any less, but what a pile of sourpusses took the time to complain on a HOLIDAY forum about HOLIDAY programming, that has been a part of the channel for almost it's entire existence. 

This forum was added, if I remember correctly at the suggestion of Alberti??? just for those who wish to talk holiday (any holiday) and keep the topic out of the other forums, where people were complaining profusely about the threads showing up in them. 

I say it every year when people complain about Christmas programming discussions in the HOLIDAY  forum, but it's like going to the pet lovers forum just to post or respond how much you hate dogs. It's perfectly allowed by forum standards, but honestly, what is the point? 

Weighing in on whether the vendors will be back in studio by then was the main point of the post, but I guess the urge to complain about the programming was stronger than idea to share whether anyone else wants vendors back or not and why. 

@Mominohio 

Well put! Some people only want to complain. It's easy to solve- don't watch it! 🤪

ETA- I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and there was some fall and Christmas decor. That ought to get the complainers going! 😆Personally, I enjoy it because I like to plan ahead!