Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas in July not far off.

Oh this is good to know. I will check inventory in my "wrapping closet" to make sure I have bows, ribbons and paper galore. There's never enough for those last minute bulky items needing to be covered extravagantly. 

Then I will proceed to my huge "gift closet" to see what extra things I should stock up on for some elevator operator, any random bus driver, postal clerk who sold me stamps, guy from AAA who jump-started my car 8 months ago, and the ever important fellow who risked his arm reaching into the lobster tank to pick out the exact two live lobsters I wanted to enjoy for New Years Eve. Every item must be selected and stocked to award to people I hardly know but will "gift" with sincerity. Yes, "gift" is a verb!

I so much want these bargains bought well in advance. There can never be Christmas purchases too "early"...

Respected Contributor

The beauty of QVC is that there's something for everyone. If not interested in what's shown one day, come back the next day.

Personally, if I griped about every time Downey & Bourke, Ring, Amazon or iPad tablets, computers, mattresses, Wen, philosophy, Josie Maran, Susan Graver, Logo, denim & company, Isaac Mizrahi, Kim Gravel, Shark, or Dyson or a dozen other things were presented then I would be a pretty miserable person. 

Instead I don't bother watching those times. Easy peasy. I know others are interested in those shows, and enjoy them. I know I'll just watch the next day. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   Thanksgiving?  I'll worry about it after,

Memorial Day

4th of July

Labor Day

Halloween and then,

Thanksgiving.

Gotta love a holiday that lasts 6 months and spans parts of 3 seasons.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Mominohio 

Get ready.  It's Christmas in June.  And July, August, September, October, November and December.  The hosts must be planning their pajama wardrobes now.  The elves will soon be putting up the sets with Christmas trees.  Ho, ho, ho. 

The mere thought fills me with dread and foreboding.  I HATE  that time of year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ   Thanksgiving?  I'll worry about it after,

Memorial Day

4th of July

Labor Day

Halloween and then,

Thanksgiving.

Gotta love a holiday that lasts 6 months and spans parts of 3 seasons.

I in fact do.  I am a Christmas year round kind of person.  Thats just how I roll, for me I love these shows.  The ones I don't love, I just turn the channel or do something else.  

Come on Christmas in July, or in this case June.  YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi   If someone wants a Christmas tree up year round and hum carols 24 hrs.a day, their choice,  have at it, enjoy.

However, if Christmas became year round (not just shoppping channels) and it is constant commericals of plastic (artificial) trees, blowup lawn stuff, sappy Hallmark movies, Christmas shows every night, and granny getting run over by a reindeer on the radio,  I hope the universe strikes me dead.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That's when I totally stop watching the Q.  If I see one more blown-up Santa.....or little cheap nick-knacks from China.............the TV would have my foot print in the screen.

You're only helping China...............

@fthunt 

I'd guess about 90% of what QVC sells and shows the rest of the year is made in China as well, so as long as your are complaining about all that merchandise, and not buying it either, then you have a valid point. 

I haven't bought anything from CIJ in a couple of years or more except the occasional lantern for all year use. It isn't about buying, This is the holiday forum and many of us enjoy the programming and the decorating ideas we get from the shows. 

Nobody has to support China just to watch, enjoy and have a good time. If it isn't your thing, change the channel. 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I wonder if alot of the stuff will be on Advance Order......

@Nataliesgramma 

I bet a lot of it will. The supply chain world wide is still pretty wonky and I'm betting it will be a lot like last year in that respect. Can't say I would be a fan of it, last year some of it didn't ship till October. Half the purpose of shopping CIJ is to get, have, and test out what you order so you know you are done, or if something isn't going to work out for you, you have time to get something else before the season hits. 

I sometimes wonder if supply issues will ever be fully resolved.

Honored Contributor

Not that I expected any less, but what a pile of sourpusses took the time to complain on a HOLIDAY forum about HOLIDAY programming, that has been a part of the channel for almost it's entire existence. 

This forum was added, if I remember correctly at the suggestion of Alberti??? just for those who wish to talk holiday (any holiday) and keep the topic out of the other forums, where people were complaining profusely about the threads showing up in them. 

I say it every year when people complain about Christmas programming discussions in the HOLIDAY  forum, but it's like going to the pet lovers forum just to post or respond how much you hate dogs. It's perfectly allowed by forum standards, but honestly, what is the point? 

Weighing in on whether the vendors will be back in studio by then was the main point of the post, but I guess the urge to complain about the programming was stronger than idea to share whether anyone else wants vendors back or not and why. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Not that I expected any less, but what a pile of sourpusses took the time to complain on a HOLIDAY forum about HOLIDAY programming, that has been a part of the channel for almost it's entire existence. 

This forum was added, if I remember correctly at the suggestion of Alberti??? just for those who wish to talk holiday (any holiday) and keep the topic out of the other forums, where people were complaining profusely about the threads showing up in them. 

I say it every year when people complain about Christmas programming discussions in the HOLIDAY  forum, but it's like going to the pet lovers forum just to post or respond how much you hate dogs. It's perfectly allowed by forum standards, but honestly, what is the point? 

Weighing in on whether the vendors will be back in studio by then was the main point of the post, but I guess the urge to complain about the programming was stronger than idea to share whether anyone else wants vendors back or not and why. 

@Mominohio  I saw the replies earlier and was mildly surprised at the comments.  What a lack of grace!

Kudos to you for saying it exactly like it is.