Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in July 2016 Kick-off

@MTH

Definitely think it would be a big seller, to just offer inserts, as so many of these have been sold. I'm sure many people would rather not have any more 'complete' sets.

I took my carolers out of their cloche, and places them in with my Valerie paper house and church, along with a few bottle brush trees.

They were the a nice size and seemed just right for use with the size of the two buildings, and really completed the look. I do like that those scenes can be used in many other ways, and the cloches as well. I like a product that serves more than one function.

Trusted Contributor

LOL!  You either love it or hate it - I love CIJ so thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

This what I am looking for this year from Luminara at a better price than they are selling for on Ebay.... Hope QVC sells them this year

lum.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

This what I am looking for this year from Luminara at a better price than they are selling for on Ebay.... Hope QVC sells them this year

lum.jpg

I wanted several sets of these for the longest time, but both the price and the mixed reviews prevented me from buying them.  At one point they were on clearance and down to around $50, but so many of the reviews pointed out that like most Luminaras, unless they are perfectly level to the ground, the flame will make a clicking sound or not dance at all.  

I came up with an alternative.  I have 18 of the rechargeable, Luminara votives that I purchased several years ago directly from their website.  These votives are about the same size as the ones in these strands, and are the same width as a standard tealight.  I'm going to purchase 18, regular tealights from the store that are in the clear plastic (not foil) bases, then burn them down, clean out the clear bases, and superglue green clothespins to the bottoms of them.  I can clip these to my tree and drop my rechargeable votives into these clear bases and take them out to charge them as needed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp, That's a clever idea you came up with to use the clothespins and clear votive cups.  I hope it works well for you.  I can remember, years ago, fighting with the strands of vintage-like bubble lights, trying to get them to stay upright and bubble.  They were such a pain that I gave up after a couple of years of trying. 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

That look, of candles on a tree, is so pretty and nostalgic, I love it.

It would probably be a pain to get them to all 'stand up straight'. Perhaps with all the advancements in flameless candles they will make something that will be more cost effective and work well in the near future.

Esteemed Contributor

My brother has one of these sets and they are so pretty...he paid $40 for the strand. When he went back on Amazon to get another one the seller doubled the price.

I hink they have small clips on the bottom and I seem to remember his were pretty straight.....

then don't watch!

Regular Contributor

Christmas in July SALE is just holdover junk from seasons past. That's why they call it a sale. Because it's items that nobody wanted last year and are now on sale.

Trusted Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

Christmas in July SALE is just holdover junk from seasons past. That's why they call it a sale. Because it's items that nobody wanted last year and are now on sale.

@FleurFairy Those of us who are regular watchers of CIJ would probably disagree with you. There may be some old stuff shown in the CIJ shows, but most of it is new.   We have already been discussed in other threads how the best stuff has been in the CIJ shows, and that the items from those shows repeat throughout August, September, and October.  Following that, most of the remainder of the new items are offered in the Friday night shows which happen in November.