Occasional Contributor

Christmas in July 2016 Kick-off

[ Edited ]

I was just checking the program guide and it shows the Christmas in July Kick off is Friday July 1st, 2016.  Starting off with Heartfelt Holidays with Valerie at 12 am EST. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas in July 2016 Kick-off

NOooooooo! Say it's not so!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

July 1st??? Seems rather early in the month...but I am good with it...I love the Christmas shows...every one of them....

Honored Contributor

It does sound early in the month.  I'm not in the market for anything, but I'll watch a couple shows.  Probably miss most of Valerie, since it's a work day.

Valued Contributor

I'm looking forward to it. I love anything Christmas!

Valued Contributor

@CTQVC   Thanks!

I really can not buy anything. I went to the bare wants, not necessities, into 2 storage containers last year and it felt good to only have to put away enough for those two boxes.  

Only if Luminara brings birch candles to Qvc, then I won't resist and replace what I have now. 

I'll be window shopping definitely!  Can't wait to see all the glitter!

Occasional Contributor

Yay!! I can't wait! My Grandma and I always watch together.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Unbelievable.  I hate and dread it all year.  My Q watching is minimal now but I can and will make it less.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly, Q did this last year. They had a big day ( or weekend?) at the beginning of the month, then scattered shows the rest of the month, with an entire weekend of Christmas programming one weekend close to the 25th. 

In years past, Q has done better at some times than others with their CIJ programming and offerings. Some years it has been a lot of the previous year's leftovers, and some years the choices are new and better.

Last year was pretty good, in my opinion. Lots of new things. 

I don't want to rush the summer away, but I love CIJ, and looking forward to watching.

Honored Contributor

They do this every year and it's primarily the junk they couldn't get rid of last year.  I hate Q's Christmas shows and won't watch them, especially if they are named for a host.