Super Contributor

Re: Christmas in July 2016 Kick-off

@FleurFairy wrote:

Christmas in July SALE is just holdover junk from seasons past. That's why they call it a sale. Because it's items that nobody wanted last year and are now on sale.

@FleurFairy

just goes to show you dont watch

Honored Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

Christmas in July SALE is just holdover junk from seasons past. That's why they call it a sale. Because it's items that nobody wanted last year and are now on sale.

This has been the case in some years, and every year there are some older clearance items. But the last two years, there has been a ton of new stuff, brought just for CIJ.

I had almost given up on the event, but I think Q 'got it' that there are a lot of eager shoppers looking for new stuff and great things that sold out in the past that people want back.

Many of us are hoping that this year is as good or better than last. They bring out the most and the best during July for holiday items and most of what follows the rest of the year is rather anticlimactic, at least that is the pattern for the last couple of years. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@FleurFairy wrote:

This has been the case in some years, and every year there are some older clearance items. But the last two years, there has been a ton of new stuff, brought just for CIJ.

I had almost given up on the event, but I think Q 'got it' that there are a lot of eager shoppers looking for new stuff and great things that sold out in the past that people want back.

Many of us are hoping that this year is as good or better than last. They bring out the most and the best during July for holiday items and most of what follows the rest of the year is rather anticlimactic, at least that is the pattern for the last couple of years. 

@Mominohio Hi MIO:  I agree with you that many newer items come out in CIJ then sort of taper off.  Not that my wallet is complaining.   There are always some older items that we all love to see come back in stock. I know there is at least one item I'll be keeping a look out for (the white vintage ceramic light up trees).  I have a homemade green one from eons ago but really wanted the white one. Lost out on it so I do hope they get some back.  At least one thing's for sure...we all come out to watch and talk about things during CIJ, which is always fun!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Hey guys, how about this?

Valerie could bring us some new scenes under glass, but with a choice of just the new inserts, or for those that never bought, the entire package.

New scenes could be deer in the snow, old fashioned skaters on a pond, something with evergreen branches and pinecones only, a really nice nativity.

That way, we could get just then new insert(s) or buy the whole 'kit', which ever we wanted/needed.  

@Mominohio

Great ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for letting me know - I won't watch.  Not that I ever do.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Hey All: Looks like CIJ will be July 15-17!!!!!Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I guess I missed this.  Where did you get these dates?  The QVC program guide show the CIJ sale kickoff is 7-1-16 at 12 am EST. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting me know, I will be sure NOT to tune in.

Trusted Contributor

@CTQVC wrote:

I guess I missed this.  Where did you get these dates?  The QVC program guide show the CIJ sale kickoff is 7-1-16 at 12 am EST. 

@CTQVC  Hi CTQVC.  In the past, the Q has had a "kick off" day on July 1st as a full day event to get things rolling. The official weekend-long event is usually around the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the month.  I got those dates for the official weekend from another blog.  I was hoping they might give us a clue as to the TSVs for that weekend, but so far not much info has leaked.  I'm sure there are a few good detectives on here that may be able to find out something.  Looking forward to it this year for sure.

Valued Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

I am fairly new to watching QVC more often.  I used to always shop HSN but with the reduced (sort of) shipping at QVC, I've been shopping here more and more.  2 orders of clothing or beauty ($3.00 each) is about what we used to pay for one item before. I'm still not crazy about the $5.00 each shipping but I mainly buy clothes and beauty.

I have found (the past 2 years) that CIJ prices for Christmas items are better than ordering them later in the year.

I do try and order just new items and I am careful on deciding on any sale items at times due to maybe being "older" inventory.  

I am very careful on what I decide to order so no returns and no return cost. BUT the few I had to return were due to not lighting up so QVC paid for those returns.