Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas in Jully with Alberti

@blackhole99 wrote:

I like Alberti too, but in small doses. If he could just control the hysterical laughter and goofy giggling and gasping, I could get through a show. I hope he doesn't ruin the Christmas VPH shows for me.

@blackhole99   He ruined it for me.........wanted to watch, but just can't take him on any show.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I like Alberti too, but in small doses. If he could just control the hysterical laughter and goofy giggling and gasping, I could get through a show. I hope he doesn't ruin the Christmas VPH shows for me.

@blackhole99 - I don't mind the laughing/giggling so much because it seems genuine and just an in-the-moment reaction. However, the gasping is totally ridiculous and really must stop; someone in the talent department needs to work with him on this because it cheapens the presentations and makes him appear foolish. I think Alberti is a sweet, fun, creative guy with a lot to offer if he can get a few of his affectations under control.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 - I don't mind the laughing/giggling so much because it seems genuine and just an in-the-moment reaction. However, the gasping is totally ridiculous and really must stop; someone in the talent department needs to work with him on this because it cheapens the presentations and makes him appear foolish. I think Alberti is a sweet, fun, creative guy with a lot to offer if he can get a few of his affectations under control.

I understand your problems with the gasping but, Jill did the same thing.  I've never heard anyone complain about her.  I do not understand that one.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I understand your problems with the gasping but, Jill did the same thing.  I've never heard anyone complain about her.  I do not understand that one.

@luvmybeetle I was not a JB fan and believe me if her gasping was ruining a presentation I would have complained about it. Alberti is IMO, over the top with some of his mannerisms. If indeed someone can coach him to control his outbursts, I wish they would do it. No customer should have to turn the channel because a host is so loud and annoying, no matter how sweet, fun and creative some customers think he is.