Respected Contributor

Christmas in Jully with Alberti

Is anyone watching the show now?  Alberti was showing some mercury glass trees by Dennis Basso and when he picked one up to show the on/off switch the bottom didn't pick up with the tree and was still on the table.  He didn't say a word just went right on by picking it up and putting it back in the tree and showing how to turn on and off.  Love it.  What a guy.  Not buying one of those trees.  But, a couple years ago I had the same problem with a Valerie product.  Sent it back.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in Jully with Alberti

@luvmybeetle 

I didn't see this but Dennis Basso & some things look cheaply made!  Even VPH quality is "slipping"...

Sometimes I hear Alberti describing these items & I think "poor guy has to lie thru his teeth with a straight face"!

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing upsets Alberti. He's so calm, cool and collected (as a normal demeaner). Such confidence and self-assurance is rare. Still think he's one of QVC's best hosts. He has manners and class. Others may think they do, but they don't hold a candle to Alberti. He's a gem IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I wish he showed more manners during the food shows, however.  He, and some of the others, need to dial it back a bit when barging in when a co-host is presenting a product.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Nothing upsets Alberti. He's so calm, cool and collected (as a normal demeaner). Such confidence and self-assurance is rare. Still think he's one of QVC's best hosts. He has manners and class. Others may think they do, but they don't hold a candle to Alberti. He's a gem IMO. 

@BirkiLady   I so agree with this. Alberti is one of the few hosts that actually holds my attention. He knows his stuff when it comes to decorating. 

Trusted Contributor

He does that quite often but he is not the only one. I noticed it most during one of Jill's last shows and I thought, let her have this moment will you?

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the show but I purchased 2 red glittered Luminara candles from Q and the bottoms of both have seperated from the the top. Now I have to remember too pick the candles up by the bottoms when cleaning under them.

Honored Contributor

I dont know about the food shows I never watch those. But I do enjoy him as a host on other shows I've seen especially the decor .  He was EXCELLENT with Jim Shore last night!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I can take maybe 10 minutes of Alberti, then all of his exageration and effusive description gets on my nerves big time and it's bye, bye.  I find him very hard to listen to.  I thought I really liked him until I had to actually sit and listen to him

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like Alberti too, but in small doses. If he could just control the hysterical laughter and goofy giggling and gasping, I could get through a show. I hope he doesn't ruin the Christmas VPH shows for me.