Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas gift for an office

EASY Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas and Chocolate-Peppermint ...

Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose  Edible Arrangements usually has nice fruit baskets and they deliver.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

individually packaged holiday bundtlets

Esteemed Contributor

Fruit it's grab and go and healthy. 

Respected Contributor

You have received many great ideas, but in this year of virus I would not gift anything that does not have individually wrapped items inside.

I personally would not reach in to "grab" a handful of food, nor would I think that anybody else would want to do so either. 

Healthcare workers have to be extremely cautious about touching things, so how do you  effectively "sanitize" fresh fruit?

I am going to gift several offices as well, and I am going to buy a box of either individually wrapped cookies or snack mixes, or some kind of candy mixes.  

Since I have no idea where you live or what is available to you, it is impossible to recommend a store.  It is too late to order online.  I would start with your local grocery stores first.

Respected Contributor

I agree with those who said nothing edible unless it is individually wrapped.

In "normal" years, a big box of Candy or cookie tray with homemade treats would be great.  This isn't the year for that.

I would send a card and include a note that says something to the effect of...."would love to send you a treat when things are safer.  Watch for a spring/summer treat!"

Honored Contributor

Lindt chocolate balls in a variety of colors in a pretty inexpensive bowl or dish--and let someone or the office keep the container. 

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  "DH just started a new job a couple of weeks ago."

"I'd like to send it tomorrow since its a Friday."

Talk about cutting it close!!!!!!  Your hubby's co-workers will be lucky if they get it on a Friday in 2021!

TONIGHT you should go to your local Walgreens & CVS, walk up & down the "gift" asles & go from there if you want the co-workers to have the gifts tomorrow (Friday).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I agree with those who advise against "grab and go". @alicedee had a great suggestion with the spring treat idea. Covid aside, I work in an office where there is an over abundance of treats that come in, and it can be overwhelming and they don't get the appreciation they deserve. It's nice to get something at an unexpected time!

@Sooner you can never go wrong with the Lindt balls! Always an appropriate gift! 

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to think of something, I know we haven't received close to the number of gift baskets that we normally do. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You can sneak Lindt balls out and hide 'em in your desk for emergencies.  Then act like you didn't have anything. . . Woman Tongue