Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas decor pics - livingroom/porch

The only piece of decor that seems a bit out of place is the fiber optic train under the white tree. I haven't used it for a few years, but it's a wonderful memory for me about my Dad. We sent it to him to use when he was in ass living. He had it for a couple of yrs before he passed. I made sure I had it sent back to me and glad I could incorporate it somehow in decorating now Smiley Happy

P4480886.JPG

Honored Contributor

P4480895.JPG

Honored Contributor

This pic shows the 3rd vintage bottle brush tree from the 1950's I bought from Ebay. I was blown away with HOW similar the bottle brush tree was decorated just like the two tiny trees on either side of the wooden church...right down to the red ornament on top. The only real difference is the gold garland strung around the one I bought! Smiley Happy

P4480809.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise How many pieces is the 🚂 train? Very pretty. I wouldn't mind one of those. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the only 'outside' decoration I put up...a tinsel tree topper/window decor from the late 1970's, which of coarse is inside...LOL Since we don't decorate outside anymore (had decor stolen 2 times), this is the 1st time I displayed anything for outside.

I wanted to put up a few of these in other front windows, but I am restricted due to the security cameras in the other 2 windows.

Next year I hope to put 3 of the 5 candle canleabras on the bottom half of the windows with the orange bulbs, but DH has to figure a way to extend out our window sills because they are too narrow and our blinds would also melt from the C-9 bulbs. At least the bottom half of the windows don't interfere with the cameras...

We'll see Smiley Happy

P4490050.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  You did a great job. Very pretty!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for not yet posting back to everyone on both threads...I'll start catching up and replying in about an hour. I have to make a late lunch for DH 1st...thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess wrote:

Can't wait to see more of these awesome pieces. We've been paring down since kids are grown and gone. There's really not many to appreciate our efforts. You look like you have fun decorating.

@OKPrincess  Thank you so much and yes I do have lots of fun decorating...maybe too much fun? LOL

As for the train...it is actually 2 pieces...one smaller than the other. The smaller train piece lights up brighter on the inside since the area to light up inside is smaller. Both train pieces were aquired at Cracker Barrel back around 2010. The larger train was about $39 and the smaller train was about $29. I had a hard time deciding which one to get so I got both and just lined them up back to back like a real train would have engines on both sides anyways, so they work well together.

I tried doing a search for you about the train pieces and found both train pieces available on EBay...a few of each train. Just put into the Ebay search bar 'Cracker Barrel Fiber Optic Light Christmas Gingerbread Train'. A couple of them are 'on auction' too. The auction for the smaller train has a starting bid of $19.99 and the larger train auction is currently at $69.99...both auctions end on Wednesday.

Here's another view of the trains...HTH Smiley Happy

P4480940.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise I just love how you decorate!  Everything has it's rightful place.....and I love the vintage stuff!  Awesome!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  I zoomed the large tree to see the vintage ornaments and there are some gorgeous ones.  I'm baking cookies but will spend more time looking at the special ornaments tonight.

I always love your decorated home and especially the kitchen.  You know how to make a home festive as well as beautiful, my friend.

@lucymo  Thank you so much Lucy! Smiley Happy

What kind of cookies are you baking? I just made Chocolate Chip with pecans last night.

Later tonight or tomorrow I will take 3-4 pics of the ornaments close up so you don't have to struggle with blurred pics from trying to zoom in. I have a few faves, but enjoy them all. 

Shortly it will be time to make dinner and then afterwards I have to make grocery lists & gather coupons for a couple of large hauls at the grocery stores tomorrow. The weather will be changing here by mid-day on Thursday. We'll be going from nice temps to the DEEP freeze and it looks like it will be that way for quite awhile. 

The in-laws are coming over Wednesday night and we're going out to our fave local Mexican restaurant for dinner, then a drive around a few areas to enjoy looking at all the Christmas lighting in the city and surrounding neighborhoods Smiley Happy