Trusted Contributor

I was in CVS last night and noticed they had bottle brush trees, similar to Valerie's.  They were12" high, came in a green and rust color (didn't seem very Christmas-y to me), some glitter on them, with different size balls, for $9.99.  I did buy a santa figure, about 3' tall, with a felt suit, dapper plaid vest, and holding a jingle bell wreath for $39.99.  I got him to go with Valerie's large metal red sleigh since it is the right scale. 

Valued Contributor

DecorDiva........Thanks for the heads up on the bottle brush trees!

Did you happen to notice if they had nice rolls of Christmas wrapping paper?  I was very disappointed in the selection they had last year.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas decor at CVS

[ Edited ]

@DecorDiva wrote:

I was in CVS last night and noticed they had bottle brush trees, similar to Valerie's.  They were12" high, came in a green and rust color (didn't seem very Christmas-y to me), some glitter on them, with different size balls, for $9.99.  I did buy a santa figure, about 3' tall, with a felt suit, dapper plaid vest, and holding a jingle bell wreath for $39.99.  I got him to go with Valerie's large metal red sleigh since it is the right scale. 

The bottle brush trees are everywhere, under varying names -- bottle brush, oval trees, village trees.  They are currently in Target, Homegoods, Pottery Barn, Walmart, CVS, etc.  I bought the champagne ones from QVC, and Target has some copper-colored ones that match a few of my ornaments.  I may have to go back.

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh when I read the posts here.  I was just thinking that everywhere we go, grocery store, drug store, every where, we are tempted to buy  Christmas decor.  There is no escape for us decor addicts without any will power to walk away.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas decor at CVS

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

I had to laugh when I read the posts here.  I was just thinking that everywhere we go, grocery store, drug store, every where, we are tempted to buy  Christmas decor.  There is no escape for us decor addicts without any will power to walk away.  lol

So true, even hardware or home improvement stores. 

I have been compiling a long list of things we need from Lowe's for projects around the house, and Christmas section is written right at the top, like I'd forget to look there.  Ha Ha.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

So true, even hardware or home improvement stores. 

I have been compiling a long list of things we need from Lowe's for projects around the house, and Christmas section is written right at the top, like I'd forget to look there.  Ha Ha.

@SHOPR  I know how that works.  When DH needs something from one of the Home Improvement stores, I just stop off in the  Christmas shoppe.  We have Menards, Lowes and Home Depot within reasonable driving distance.  There's no escape.  lol