Esteemed Contributor

Made a quick stop at the local Christmas Tree Shops today.  I had not been by since late February.

The store is small, but normally stuffed with seasonal items.  I noted it was not nearly as stocked...a little Halloween, a little Harvest and very little Christmas.

I do think they are just stocking for Christmas, so it wasn't a surprise.  The store is normally bustling, but not many of us inside.

I was in and out very quickly. I like to pick up a few seasonal things for my gift baskets, but only got some autumn paper napkins today.

I'll check back in a couple of weeks.  Hoping they can hang on.

And, yes, I realize that it is mostly cheap stuff from China, so...no reminders needed. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Shops visit

They have the best seasonal napkins for a good price.

Respected Contributor

There is always something for me to buy at the Christmas Tree Shop.  If it is not seasonal decor, it is something else.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I have one of these stores in my neighborhood.  I love going there.  I was there last Wednesday and I spent more money that I was planning on.

I got a hoard of decorative storage boxes...I am cleaning out closets.  They always have ginger candy, which is difficult to find.  I got a few bags.

I also got a Cinnamon Hearth broom..love the smell.  They also have great doggie pick-up bags, but had none in stock.  I'll go back in about a week to see if more came in.

My store is well stocked..no empty shelves.  That are always busy.  I had to wait in line to be checked out.  They do practice social distancing and wearing a mask is necessary.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

And, yes, I realize that it is mostly cheap stuff from China, so...no reminders needed. Cat Happy

LOL.  I like the pre-emptive strike.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the Christmas Tree Store ... due to the virus I haven’t been there since March ... I saved a lot of money 😂🤣 but, I miss going there 😊

Honored Contributor

We had Christmas Tree Shop here a few years ago; it came and went in a couple of years. I went in a few times and always found something.
Super Contributor

loved the christmas tree shops.  would visit all 7 on cape cod.  would send boxes  home.  that was before bed bath and beyond purchased . only 2 in florida and the closest one 4 hours away. just not the same.  everyone enjoy what you purchased.

Honored Contributor

@monks wrote:

loved the christmas tree shops.  would visit all 7 on cape cod.  would send boxes  home.  that was before bed bath and beyond purchased . only 2 in florida and the closest one 4 hours away. just not the same.  everyone enjoy what you purchased.

@monks  I agree. Christmas Tree Shop used to be the best. BBandB ruined them for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

@monks 

Did not know BB&B "owned" them.  Just curious, what changed that you didn't like?

I rarely went when they first opened, but, in the last few years, I've been making gift baskets for local rescues and find a lot of smaller items that are clever and not too expensive.

I've not bought any larger items, although I do see many shopping for furniture, etc.

For me, they are more of a seasonal novelty store.  Was just there again a few days ago, and they seemed to be stocking up from the previous visit.  I found a lot of pretty things.