Respected Contributor

One of my local radio stations has already switched to all Christmas music 24/7.  I enjoy the Christmas music but this is way too early for me.

Honored Contributor

i am happy!!

sirius/xm holly and holiday tradition channels are beginning at noon today!

checked out my music choice channel on comcast called sounds of the season this morning and they started their holiday music!

feeling good.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Once the Christmas music starts, I stop listening to those stations.  Shoving the seasonal music down our throats way too early is the reason why I have come to dislike Christmas music......and I do not listen to any except my own, on my time and it is usually classical or Mannheim Steamroller.

Respected Contributor

I love the Christmas music, anytime, any place!!  It gives me a warm, happy feeling of the season.  To me "the holidays" start today and go through the New Year.  I enjoy all of the family, fun and friends (and food) and the music (and Hallmark movies) make it even better. 

Enjoy, @sunshine45 !!!  I know I will!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

I have to say Christmas music makes me happy and lifts my spirits .   

As the years go by , it seems the holidays go by so quickly.  I savor every moment , that I can.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Ugh.....wish I could fast-forward to January......

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Once the Christmas music starts, I stop listening to those stations.  Shoving the seasonal music down our throats way too early is the reason why I have come to dislike Christmas music......and I do not listen to any except my own, on my time and it is usually classical or Mannheim Steamroller.

I can't see any reason anyone could even suggest that Christmas music could in any way be 'shoved down our throats'. 

Unless held captive no one has to listen to any station on radio, watch any station on TV or go into any store that doesn't meet with their personal level of comfort for the things they will be exposed to. 

It's about choice and opportunity.

I would think one would support the chance for people to have options. Back in the day, people who loved Christmas music and wished to hear it at other times of the year, had only one option, in their own home on a record player (later on 8 track and then cassette, then CD). But since the advent of internet and paid for radio, we can access more of anything we love in music, now at about any time and any place.

With all those choices, I certainly have no time or reason to complain when choices are offered to others that I have no interest in. My only complaint would be if I could not finds something I liked as another choice.

Honored Contributor

And Hallmark channels switched to their Christmas movies this past weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

I could never work in retail and listen to that music all day long! It is actually hard to watch QVC at all because of all the emphasis on the Christmas commercialization. How demeaning it becomes.

Respected Contributor

I look forward to the Christmas music.  There's so much excellent holiday music it's a shame to only get to listen to it for a short period of time.  I wish there was a good station that actually played a wide variety of Christmas music though.  Sirius seems to have a limited playlist.