Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas In A Primitive Dining Room

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  I love your dining room, it's so real and genuine.  Festive but not overdone.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

VERY PRETTY!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing. I love it all. Everything works together so well together.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Actually, I haven't slowed down (except between positions which slowed me down, lol!!!) since retiring from teaching.

My first interview was set up before I retired.  I am not more tired at the end of the day at all. 

I never, ever should have cooked for so many gifts and tried to wrap presents with hand tied bows the SAME week.  I think I must have gotten hit in the head recently at some point!

NEXT YEAR will absolutely be arranged differently!Smiley Happy

My issue has been the sciatic nerve issue which was not being taught how tro return a high number of clothing to other areas when I was a Dillards stylist.

I have a wonderful time styling and working with color all day!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

How did I miss this thread? Your table looks so inviting!

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

How did I miss this thread? Your table looks so inviting!

@froggy 

No one is too late, Dear.  All are welcome.  Come on over for a kahlua and cream nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge mountains.  We'll watch the stars shoot!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a lovely table- thanks for sharing. So inviting and cozy. What time is supper?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I saw this and didn't realize this was your beautiful DR!!

Reminds me of my mother's home she loved early american and she had those ladder back chairs.  I inherited her DR when she passed, when I moved I gave to her sister.

To this day I still am sorry I didn't bring certain pieces esp. her buffet and corner hutch.  Always loved this style of furniture.

Thank you for sharing & Happy New Year🙂

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I have collected since I was in my mid 20's.   My best friend's mother had primitives.   I was 14.  My soul settled and knew it was home where I had never felt rested before.

My favorite grandmother had Duncan Phyfe which I never liked.  My other grandmother had the gold gilded type that was for looks along with Duncan 

This style always spoke to me.  The Appalachian mountains are the perfect setting. 

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@ECBG, It is decorated in such a charming Early American style, which is so warm and welcoming.  

Sadly many millennials and young adults do not appreciate this style of decor. I watch many programs on HGTV and the couples under 40 all seem to like the cold sterile look. They fancy white cabinets and often remark that they have to "gut" the existing structure because it isn't modern looking.