Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas In A Primitive Dining Room

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ECBG 

Seeing it up close, I love it even more!   

Just so cheerful.

@Witchy Woman 

Thank you.  The edges are higher profile and the little "dots" on the ornaments stick up.  We have to be careful and not slide the palates on top of each other.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful dining room.  It is decorated in such a charming Early American style, which is so warm and welcoming.  I especially admire your corner cabinet.

I am always happy to see that there are some of us who love and continue to decorate in this style.  It is not a fad of the moment but will always remain timeless.  We had a good bit of snow, but one rainstorm eliminated that.  No sledding for the kiddos!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT 

You're welcome to bring the kiddos here!  We got it.  The rain came before.  My car was thawed out under a tarp with a heater today.  Very glad we didn't open.  I've burned both ends for two weeks, decorating, baking, then wrapping.  We can sit on the wrap around porch over them and watch them sled on our semi private one lane hill/road.  We may see my hawk!

I'll fix you some kahlua and coffee!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I meant to tell you that I recently became aware of 

Susan Wingate plates.  Her artwork is so charming. 

m_5eb9d9ba941f17dd981ee8e6.jpg

6b79ae6e032200589cb25c46c32548ef.jpg

Respected Contributor

It is picture perfect. Love the dinning room and the view.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

I know Susan Winget, but not Wingate.  Your plates look like something I've seen before. 

I used this Susan Winget pillow cover this year for some gift baskets I made for local rescues.  Everyone loved it.

Christmas Xmas Santa Claus Cushion Cover Pillow Case Square Car Home Decor

Respected Contributor

Really beautiful! We love rustic antiques too.  We also have a corner cupboard that was a wedding gift almost 41 years ago.  Your room looks perfect for a cozy Christmas dinner!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I probably misspelled her name.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, Thank you for your sweet invitation!  I failed to mention that the kiddos are our grandchildren.  We are old, antiques ourselves.  Our grandson has been virtually learning all year.  Granddaughter goes to school a few days, virtual the next few days.  What has saved them is that their parents get the family out in nature over the weekends, a day off for all.

I can relate to your frantic schedule.  Before retiring many years ago, I can remember all those years.  Of course, my energy level was much higher then!  I will always share a keen interest in all things Early American.  What do you say about a woman of 76 who still collects “decorating ideas”?  Either extremely crazy or extremely optimistic.  

One of my big loves - arts and crafts of the period.  I feel badly that so much has died out.  I am sure you feel the same way.  Have a Very Happy New Year and continue sharing pictures of your lovely home.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Enjoy what you want, my Dear.  There is no expiration on happiness and the light that ripples out from the glow.Smiley Happy