Honored Contributor

Christmas House Tour in New Jersey-- A Fun Mood-Maker

I love the way the "Frugalnista" decorates her house for different seasons.  This is her 2016 Christmas tour.  She's organized and quite the collector, so has reams of things to choose from each year.  She's eclectic, and has some rooms in vintage red and green, some in winter wonderland looks, and it all works together extremely well.

Another neat thing for those interested, is her collection of Christmas African-Americana.  She has a gorgeous collection of African-American angels.  There are multicultural nativities all grouped in her music room as well, and it's so refreshing and interesting.  (Speaking of which, Valerie's multicultural angels H211582, "Set of 2 Vintage Angels Holding Animals" are so charming.  All the choices are sold out right now except the Hispanic ones.  They are beautiful and retro.)

Her house is in a lovely New Jersey subdivision, and I would describe her Christmas style as "suburban traditional with a twist".   Favorite spots-- her dining room, kitchen, and even the powder room at the end!  Just fun and relaxing to watch.  Her fall decorating videos are huge fun as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r5guaRcdt8

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas House Tour in New Jersey-- A Fun Mood-Maker

I enjoyed the home tour.  He home is beautiful and I like how she decorated it with many different  unique items.  The angels  are amazing and she has a few Christmas ornaments that will be on my tree too.  We must shop at the same place.

She has a great sense of humor. I loved the squirrel dressed as a raccoon.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas House Tour in New Jersey-- A Fun Mood-Maker

@Carmie, good!  I wish in this video she had her tables in dining room and kitchen all set.  In previous videos, the Frugalnista has had the tables set as though ready for a dinner party.  Just like with her decorations, her table ware is a clever mix of "high" and "low", and her color sense and refined combinations are inspiring.  She's given me some good ideas...