Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Programming

Valued Contributor

Thanks PeterDM for finding the link.  I've never seen that before. What a pretty stage! 

I liked when Qvc ran the "concerts" from the past year, Willie Nelson, etc. , but I don't like the short loops of programming that are re run too many times. Qvc has lots of past videos they could add to the loop and lengthen it like the numerous hosts baking with family sequences or those short videos they play now about tips, tricks and basic how to by the blue jean chef. 

After I saw the Christmas parade sponsored by Qvc, they repeated it ad nauseum when I flipped back to Qvc for moment to see if they would show anything else. 

Honored Contributor

@Constance2 wrote:
I enjoy watching QVC families baking Christmas goodies, visits to the host's homes, etc. but when regular programming ceases on those two days, I wish they would also go back to when the hosts sang, and when they showed bloopers and other fun things that the hosts did throughout the year. I still remember Lisa R. performing Baby, It's Cold Outside with another host.

What would you like to see on the Q on Christmas Eve and Christmas? They may not take our recommendations and run with them, but we can at least make some suggestions for them to consider.

they could show reruns of presentations as far as I am concerned, the cooking stuff and other things are not my taste.  If you are busy doing other things your are not watching, otherwise it would be nice to see something else besides the 4 hour loop of the same thing.  Not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Super Contributor

Not everyone celebrates Hannukah, or Halloween, if you want to get technical. We're talking Christmas programming here, the holiday that falls on Dec. 25. The majority of people do celebrate it. QVC is like family to many people who have no place to go or have no other family to celebrate the holiday with. They enjoy connecting with others here on this forum and will turn on QVC for company on Christmas. It helps ease the loneliness they may be feeling. Having meaningful and also lighthearted programming would be a blessing for all.
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Honored Contributor

@Constance2 wrote:
Not everyone celebratesHannukah, or Halloween, if you want to get technical. We're talking Christmas programming here, the holiday that falls on Dec. 25. The majority of people do celebrate it.QVC is like family to many people who have no place to go or have no other family to celebrate the holiday with. They enjoy connecting with others here on this forum and will turn onQVC for company on Christmas. It helps ease the loneliness they may be feeling. Having meaningful and also lighthearted programming would be a blessing for all.

@Constance2

You have hit on something here, that many people who disparage those who watch too much QVC don't understand. 

There are many people who are alone, or lonely. Many people are housebound with disability/health issues. They use the television in general, and QVC in particular to fill long, lonely hours, to feel a part of  a 'family'. I think many people forget that, when they are wondering who would watch a shopping channel on the holiday.

Honored Contributor

HSN goes back and forth on x-mas day and x-mas eve between showing pre-progammed selling of items and behind the scenes type of things.

They used to come back on air at 11:00 x-mas night.  Last year it may have been earlier. 

I really enjoyed watching the personal moments with the hosts that were pre-recorded for the Christmas break.  It was a fun way to know the hosts better. How disappointing that they chose to use that time to sell, sell, sell.  It's all about money!

QVC Customer Care

New replies have been blocked by QVC because it is a bumped thread.