Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Decorations - Do you tend to buy a lot of new ones each year or....

Last year I swore no new ornaments, however I saw these cute gnomes for the tree and of course had to have them.  This year I have no desire for anything new, just my fresh wreath for the front door.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas Decorations - Do you tend to buy a lot of new ones each year or....

I will use what I have this year as I have more than I need. I change things up every year and have purged most of old Valerie stuff.  Now with Pier 1 gone I am not tempted. I always found special things and usually went overboard. Now I'm glad I did and have my special pieces to continue using,

Honored Contributor

I use the same decor every year.  They're things that I like, from places and people I like or liked, over the years.  I love seeing them again.  They're out for a few weeks, then back to hiding for another twelve months.  I don't overdo decorating; I try to keep it simple and understated.

Super Contributor

I have purged many seasonal decorations and have a few that I would like to give to my neice.  I use a good deal of year round items, so I don't need too many seasonal things.  I live in a small house with limited storage, if I had a bigger home with unlimited storage, and was younger I might buy more.

I usually buy one or two new things a year if it speaks to me.

Honored Contributor

My last purchase was decorative size pieces of the Holy Family, which I said at the time is The End for our holiday decorations.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lordy, I have enough Christmas Decorations, and rotate my items and decorate with a particular theme (this year its angels)...

Now if there's something unique and special that speaks to me sometimes I just can't resist and add a new item.....  Jim Shore usually comes up with something tempting for me.....his angels, snowmen, and cats are a weakness .... And I like unique vintage glass ornaments too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

We have tried to downsize all of the STUFF in our home over the last few years.  That includes Christmas decorations.  We still put up a fully decorated 7 foot tree, but we also purge or donate Christmas stuff every year.  I could get rid of a TON of stuff, but need to do it slowly with DH. 

NOTHING new is coming into this house.

Honored Contributor

I am too cheap to spend money on stuff that only will be out for six weeks, and don't want to have more to store.

I'm not into seasonal decor.

Esteemed Contributor

I try not to, but usually pick up something new.

My Christmas tree star was looking shabby. On Amazon I found a gold star that will project stars and snowflakes on the ceiling.  I should get it today.

I hope it gets me motivated to finish my tree.  It's been up about a week. I finally put the ribbon on yesterday and today a very few ornaments. Sigh.... maybe just the prelit tree and ribbon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christmas is one of my favorite times. And I try to buy a few small decorative items every year. This year I purchased a ceramic tree, a candle tree, a wooden tree and some owl and wing ornaments. 

Edited to add add pic of purchases

4FC3485D-57EF-4490-A26E-0CE10E4D4D1B.jpeg