Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Decor Trends for 2018

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TenderMercies  NO blue!  Zulily usually has large angel wings.  I don't have those, but did think of getting some.  I have angels for every time of the year, every size, most of which I bought at zulily, many of Valerie's, and some of Jim Shore's.  I like the angels holding a dove, and not a book.

My collection began with Christmas angels, but all of a sudden, a few years ago, I began buying, couldn't get enough angels, and I wonder if it is because I am getting older, lol.

@mousiegirl

I have always been drawn to angels, maybe its because I need all the angelic help that I can get Smiley Wink

I leave some of my angels out all year long....some are Jim Shore, others I collected from various artists--some are small pieces of artwork, 2 angels are from Valerie...... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a person that really follows trends, I do what I like...But its always fun to check them out. Thanks for posting it!.

Maybe some day I will downsize, but I love Christmas...I'm a vintage decorator....and I throw in a bit of whimsy here and there too.... I have too many ornamnts that I collected over the years....some are pretty old, a few were expensive, some are just fun.....so I couldnt do that minimalist tree at all....

I have made the demi wreaths myself....but right now Im using Valerie Parr Hill wreaths through out the year and for Christmas too... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sparse trees don't look happy.  I'm somewhere between too little and too much when it comes to a tree.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Sparse trees don't look happy.  I'm somewhere between too little and too much when it comes to a tree.

@GCR18  I remember that you have a nice full tree from the picture you posted last year. Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

@froggy wrote:

The sparse and understated looks are not for me. I was absent from the "less is more" class. Woman Wink

I was absent from that class, too. LOL My house looks like the  North Pole during the Christmas Holidays.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl No tree for me last year.  I have one, but it was in the cellar. 🎄

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@mousiegirl No tree for me last year.  I have one, but it was in the cellar. 🎄

@GCR18  I got you confused with ECBG, lol, .

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl you had me thinking maybe I forgot.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  Right, just the perfect tree, lol.  Sounds like me in a tree lot, too full, not full enough, too tall, not tall enough, I make the guy work, lol.