Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Decor Storage ~ A major issue with me

I store small Christmas items in a 3 shelf cut back in the laundry room.  Large items like the large handmade Santas you saw in "My Country Christmas" are wrapped loosly in clear plastic and stored in the basement with a bar of Lever 2000 so there isn't a chance of mold.  Just in case.

Frequent Contributor

That is a wonderful idea and I would love to do that myself once my grandson grows up enough to stop getting into things.  LOL.  But seriously I'm going to get some decorative chests or trunks to store them.  Thanks for sharing that idea. 

Honored Contributor

In our house we each have a small walk in closet. Since the ceilings are high DH put in 2 extra shelves all the way around each.In my closet the top shelf is where we have the Christmas decor bins stored.The tree is on the floor of my closet in it's original box and I put my shoes on top of the tree. It was too heavy to lift it all the way up on a shelf.

Frequent Contributor

@Mominohio

i love that you have been able to sell some things that you let go of.  I have some collectible Pipka Santas purchased from a Jill show that I don’t use anymore.  I have never sold on EBay and the eBay valet service doesn’t exist anymore. I am wondering about Craigslist or maybe I should just pack up for Goodwill and move on!

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Regal Bee .Which lake do you live on?   Your home is so beautiful.  Love all your pictures on here!

@Zhills  I live on Lake Howell. You are very kind...thank you.

Honored Contributor

I have plenty of safe, dry storage space, just no desire to buy more stuff, Christmas or otherwise.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@Regal Bee .Which lake do you live on?   Your home is so beautiful.  Love all your pictures on here!

@Zhills  I live on Lake Howell. You are very kind...thank you.

You are in a beautiful area of Florida.  I have lived in Orlando and Winter Park....years ago!  Lucky you!  Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

Where I have my Christmas items stored is indoors, and all the units are climate controlled.  They do have outside units, but I'm not sure if they too are climate controlled. 

Thank you for the information. I am going to try to find local garage sale sites near me. 

Valued Contributor

@151949

Duh!  Why didn't I think of that???  Thank you for the idea of adding shelves to our walk in closet.  I'm on a mission now. I'm going to get extra shelves put in. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat In my closet all I was willing to give up on the floor was the space where the tree is but DH also added shelves low under where he only hangs his shirts.  His closet is a rectangle and has shelves down both sides and across the back . He hangs all his long pants and his suit across the back then only short stuff like shirts on the sides so on those sides he has 2 rows of shelves below his shirts. One has his shoes and the other we keep things like toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex , first aid kit and on the other side he has luggage. He also has extra shelves above as well.