Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@IMW Do you happen to remember the title?

Hank and Jim

Respected Contributor

Hank and Jim by Scott Eyman

@CareBears wrote:

@IMW Do you happen to remember the title?

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla

If you talk to them just mention that you’ve looked everywhere for the book. Maybe they haven’t unpacked all the gifts. Or maybe they have the book & are trying to figure out who gave it to them? 

Respected Contributor

You could be right .. they may think it is one of their gifts .. good luck....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie  Send out an APB!!!  People like me might not unpack that stuff  until next year!  LOL!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Send out a message saying exactly what happened and ask if anybody has seen it. What would you do if you were putting your things away and discovered a present that you knew you didn’t get? Wouldn’t you send out a same message saying you had found something and ask who it belongs to? If you don’t get an answer back from anybody then possibly you threw it away or it still around your house and you’ll find out sooner or later.

Honored Contributor

Had three sets of eyes search the living room. My husband even got on his hands and knees to look under the sofa. No where to be found. Don't want my son to know I lost one of his gifts. Maybe I will just go out tomorrow and buy the book.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla Please just ask your guests first. I'm sure everyone would understand that it is from your son and you feel horrible that it got misplaced.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Had three sets of eyes search the living room. My husband even got on his hands and knees to look under the sofa. No where to be found. Don't want my son to know I lost one of his gifts. Maybe I will just go out tomorrow and buy the book.

hate to say it .. but tha's what I would do ....

Trusted Contributor

If you are close enough that they were guests in your house then I'm not quite sure why you are hestitant to ask them if anyone picked it up by mistake. I would never be offended if asked that.  Everyone understands 'stuff' happens.  I hope you find it!