Honored Contributor

Today I was putting my presents away. Many were still in the living room - where we open our gifts and have the tree.

Yesterday my company left and I am getting wash done, going to stores to get presents exchanged and my life back in order.

I was looking for the book my son bought me for Christmas. It was about Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda and how they were good friends for over 50 years. I read much of the first chapter Christmas Day but then had food to prepare and never got back to the book. 

Spent a great deal of time today looking for the book and it is no where to be found. Now i am wondering if one of my house guests packed it in their boxes with their gifts. But since they left yesterday wouldn't they have noticed unpacking their stuff? I am hesitant asking about the book. Because you never know how someone might interpret the question.

Honored Contributor
I hope you are contacted by someone who accidentally packed it with their things.
Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Today I was putting my presents away. Many were still in the living room - where we open our gifts and have the tree.

Yesterday my company left and I am getting wash done, going to stores to get presents exchanged and my life back in order.

I was looking for the book my son bought me for Christmas. It was about Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda and how they were good friends for over 50 years. I read much of the first chapter Christmas Day but then had food to prepare and never got back to the book. 

Spent a great deal of time today looking for the book and it is no where to be found. Now i am wondering if one of my house guests packed it in their boxes with their gifts. But since they left yesterday wouldn't they have noticed unpacking their stuff? I am hesitant asking about the book. Because you never know how someone might interpret the question.

I read the book it is excellent and was available at my library.

Respected Contributor

If you threw out the boxes and wrapping paper, check the trash can.  I threw away a $50 gift card a few years ago, and luckily, I realized it before the trash was picked up.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@IMW Do you happen to remember the title?

Esteemed Contributor

I do feel that lost items in the house are always under something.

The other  thing is it might have been accidentally discarded in clean up.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

If you threw out the boxes and wrapping paper, check the trash can.  I threw away a $50 gift card a few years ago, and luckily, I realized it before the trash was picked up.

Trash day was yesterday. But I read some of the book after we threw out the trash bag of wrapping paper.

Yes, we threw out money from my parents one year. My husband heard about it for years.

Super Contributor

It is possible that they have also been very busy since returning home and have not unpacked their boxes yet. I would just call everyone and ask if they have it. Things like that happen a lot when there are a lot of people and packages and wrapping paper, etc. I  would think nothing of it if someone called me and asked something like that. Hopefully it will be found, but if not, maybe you can find a copy at the library or a bookstore. 

Honored Contributor

I hope you find it.  It's so easy to lose something in the Christmas Day busy-ness and gift unwrapping clutter.  Unfortunately Google and Alexa are no good at such searches.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Trash day was yesterday. But I read some of the book after we threw out the trash bag of wrapping paper.

Yes, we threw out money from my parents one year. My husband heard about it for years.

Poor guy......stuff happens