Honored Contributor

Easter Greetings To All

Regular Contributor

Always had beautiful Easter baskets with colored eggs and loads of candy but my favorite Easter was when I was 13.  Mom made me a beautiful blue and white floral santeen finish dress. I got to wear her high heels and carry a matching purse.  Topped it off with short white gloves plus an Easter corsage and off to Easter services I went.. I felt beautiful and so grown up.  My church was only two blocks away and coming home I walked down a steep sidewalk. As I took each step my ankles popped and still due to this day.  I was so glad I was walking alone so only I heard that funny sound.  Years later Mom took the dress, cut it up and made me a quilt with the many pieces.  When I touch that quilt with the smooth material it brings back the many happy memories of wearing that lovely dress. 

Easter always had memories of wearing a floral corsage and Mom even sent me a beautiful one to wear for Easter when I was stationed in Texas.   

Esteemed Contributor

Many fond memories as others have posted, the  organza  floral dresses,  shiny patent leather  shoes, hats , gloves , various candies in baskets ,  Church services and a big family dinner .

One year in March , when my parents had hide the colored eggs outside in teh early morning  for us to have an Easter egg  hunt, it snowed  ontop of the hidden eggs.  We didn't find some till a few days later when the weather was warmer .

I remember Easter egg bread  that my  Italian friend had made !

Honored Contributor

I don't remember much about my Easters as a kid, altho my mom did sew easter dresses for me and I wore a hat that never fit my head and it kind of lifted up on top---and there are photos--was very young then.

But for my 2, I did go kind of crazy for their easters-- they each had really fun baskets filled with their current interests and always new clothes. And of course the egg hunts, mostly inside the house and using plastic eggs, as here in, WA state--it was always wet and miserable outside. And I decorated too. We mostly went to a big family dinner so theres were lots of cousins to have fun with. Happy memories!!!

Super Contributor

What a sweet post @QVCkitty1 , I have noticed that I seem to be reminiscing, staying on that memory lane a lot myself.  It makes me happy to remember and thankful for the ability to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

Mama usually made my Easter dresses, always there were new shoes and a hat. I would walk to Sunday school with friends.

My Easter basket always had a huge chocolate bunny in the center. One year I decided to save it for last and ate other candy. The large  rabbit kept getting shorter. When it was really short I'd thought it was just nestled down in the grass. I picked it up and there were nibbles where my Father had been eating it from underneath and replacing it.   
   When I asked him about it, he burst out laughing as I did but he never admitted to munching my rabbit.

👗👒👡 🐰🥚🍫🍬😂

Honored Contributor

As the only granddaughter, I was Mamaw's dress up doll at Easter.  A friend of hers worked in the Jack and Jill clothing store and would call as soon as the Easter dresses were on display.  

I too showed up at Easter services with my Sunday School teacher Mamaw wearing a  pretty dress held out by a crinoline petticoat, a hat, white gloves, white lace anklets, black patent leather shoes, carrying my pocketbook and white bible.  I still have my little pocketbook, which is about 64 years old now and looks brand new.  

With my red hair, Mom never wanted me to have solid pink dresses, but I usually managed to pick one that had pink somewhere; one year my choice was a solid pink dress with a white pinafore.  My last Easter dress was when I was in 6th grade; a mini flowered, long sleeved, white and green belted shirtwaist.  

Looking back at pictures, I know I looked like many other little girls of that era, but I came to hate being a dress up doll.  My girls did not have Easter dresses and patent leather shoes!

Super Contributor
My mother was an excellent seamstress. Every year my sister and I had to agree on on a color for our Easter dresses. It was fun to look through the pattern catalogs. We went to sunrise Mass and would take pictures at the courthouse where there were flowers galore. We would find our baskets on the porch wrapped in pastel cellophane. My mom did so much to make the day special. What lovely memories . I cherish them.
Honored Contributor

I don't remember Easter or Easter baskets until I was in the 9th grade.  

I DO remember how hot church was until we got air conditioning!