Honored Contributor

Re: Cheers! To Holiday Shopping with Leah and Shawn

Maybe it's not Shawn they are looking to find a fit for.  She's been on QVC for 15 years now and seemed to be fine hosting alone.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just think of all the different kinds of shows in which they've tried to find a niche for Shawn.  She just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.  Seems like every month it's a new configuration.

@Kachina624  I wondered if anyone else noticed that, too. SK just doesn't fit in anywhere they try putting her. I laughed when the OP described SK as 'down to earth'. 😆 🤪

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Haters just got to hate......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't think Shawn and Leah are a good mix, but I really like both of them for entirely different reasons. But they're best as stand alone hosts.  

I like Shawn,  when I have a need for some kooky fun, while shopping. I enjoy her attempts at trying to relate by sharing issues most women struggle with. She doesn't hesitate to discuss her beauty flaws, while plucking a hair on her chin, or removing her makeup on camera.  I haven't seen Leah doing the same.  Shawn's not as 'full of herself,' as some see her.  She can be self depreciating.  

I laughed when Shawn had on PJ's asking Leah if she'd wear them out of the house. Shawn said:  'I know your answer, already."  Shawn said she'd wear them, but Leah said, 'NO.' This shows the difference between them.  Shawn is the outgoing, 'beer on the pier,' girl, while Leah is the reserved, elegant lady.  That said, places need to be reserved for both personality types.  

Esteemed Contributor

They say 'opposites attract', but not in this case.  I watched this show for a while just to see if it was a 'go'. I will not be watching in the future. 

Two totally different people - personalities, demeanor and sales skills. Do not think they compliment each other at all. Shawn tends to dominate and butt in with uncalled for comments at every moment.  And suprisingly, Leah just stays back and lets her take over....

Honored Contributor

I wonder what Leah did to deserve this.  Surely, she can't be happy about it.  I still keep thinking that they're trying to give SK a ratings boost.  Maybe her sales are down. JMHO.

Regular Contributor

@Rhondawclt wrote:

QVC really hit it out of the ballpark, teaming up classy lady Leah and down to earth Shawn.  I love watching them together!  Last night's show was so enjoyable, and I found myself laughing and just liking it so much.  If you haven't seen it, you should give it a try!  Dare I say, its replaced ITKWD as my top spot on QVC.  Hope these ladies will share the spotlight again, even after the holidays!

Great post! ITA.❤🙌

For the less enthusiastic crowd, lets just say...2021 is going to be a long year!😜😂😘

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Haters just got to hate......

@KingstonsMom   To whom are you referring?  I haven't seen a hater.  It's been a sensible, objective discussion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Maybe it's not Shawn they are looking to find a fit for.  She's been on QVC for 15 years now and seemed to be fine hosting alone.  

@rms1954   I'm wondering why they keep trying to team her up with different hosts. Are they trying to figure out which ones can interact with her? I don't see the point of having two hosts. I would rather see the products described than nonsense between two hosts.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954   I'm wondering why they keep trying to team her up with different hosts. Are they trying to figure out which ones can interact with her? I don't see the point of having two hosts. I would rather see the products described than nonsense between two hosts.

Good questions.  I have no answer and but I wish others wouldn't make the assumption it's because one particular host needs to impart their "classy" personality on another.  They are all individuals with different personalities.  I am sure if a host needs training in now to do their job they would be provided with that training.