Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cheers! To Holiday Shopping with Leah and Shawn

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Maybe it's not Shawn they are looking to find a fit for.  She's been on QVC for 15 years now and seemed to be fine hosting alone.  

@rms1954   I'm wondering why they keep trying to team her up with different hosts. Are they trying to figure out which ones can interact with her? I don't see the point of having two hosts. I would rather see the products described than nonsense between two hosts.

Good questions.  I have no answer and but I wish others wouldn't make the assumption it's because one particular host needs to impart their "classy" personality on another.  They are all individuals with different personalities.  I am sure if a host needs training in now to do their job they would be provided with that training.  

----------------

Not really...Several tenured hosts could use more training. If they have had it, it doesn't show! They haven't upgraded nor improved their presentations.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

They say 'opposites attract', but not in this case.  I watched this show for a while just to see if it was a 'go'. I will not be watching in the future. 

Two totally different people - personalities, demeanor and sales skills. Do not think they compliment each other at all. Shawn tends to dominate and butt in with uncalled for comments at every moment.  And suprisingly, Leah just stays back and lets her take over....

@corita 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I watched for about twenty minutes. They seem like oil and water to me.....not a good match.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Haters just got to hate......

@KingstonsMom I'm neither a hater nor a lover when it comes to SK but I do think she should present alone. Those that appreciate her can watch while others that don't can pass on bye. She shouldn't have a sidekick to ask inappropriate questions, tell stories to and act like giggling teenagers. Most have hosts that we enjoy more than others which is understandable, some play well with other hosts and some not so much, so, let her do her thing alone as she belongs in the latter group. JMO

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Cannot stand Shawn. Ever. And here is hoping she doesn't do to Leah what she did to Antonella. The rudeness and belittling was disgusting, and that QVC let it go on was criminal. 

Shawn is phony. Leah is a gem. She deserves better.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Cannot stand Shawn. Ever. And here is hoping she doesn't do to Leah what she did to Antonella. The rudeness and belittling was disgusting, and that QVC let it go on was criminal. 

@Mominohio  Thanks for saying what I did not have the guts to say. Shawn's rude behavior to Antonella took my breath away.....turned me off totally!

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  Thanks for saying what I did not have the guts to say. Shawn's rude behavior to Antonella took my breath away.....turned me off totally!

@Regal Bee 

What scares me, is that I don't watch Shawn, but the channel happened to still be on a couple of times, when they would come on, or I'd be flipping through channels and I was aghast at what she would say/the way she acted toward Antonella, and to see Antonella gravel and suck up to Shawn. I hate to think how bad it must have been if watching regularly. It was humiliating and disgusting.

Frequent Contributor

Kleenex on the set should be mandatory.  That's all.