Esteemed Contributor

Cardinal theme for Christmas

I am thinking of adding Cardinals in my tree and garlands this year in my Family room.

Anyone else use them in their decor? I am looking to change up my decorations this year without spending a ton of money. I see Valerie has a few Cardinal themed items that I like.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cardinal theme for Christmas

Me,me,me!  I do cardinal everything. We do only a 4ft tree and the only ornaments I use are clip on glass cardinals.  Then I put  Val's c cardinal candles everywhere.  I love anything with a cardinal.

Honored Contributor

I use them!  I put pine branches in my lighted  hutch with glass doors.  I put sprigs of  red berries and set several cardinals in. I also add some snow covered pine cones.  I put white plates behind all of this and when I turn the hutch light on it really looks bright and cheerful and shows up so well in front of all that white.  Also, I have a tall big birdcage lamp that I put winter greens and cardinals in.  I have been thinking of getting cardinal christmas cards and framing them to set on shelves.  I have been saving my christmas cards from years past so I may try that this Christmas.  We have a couple of large windows that look out into a woods behind us.  I love it when the trees are totally white and covered in sparkly snow with  cardinals setting on the branches.  Looks just one of those all white Christmas cards with one or two bright red cardinals.

Respected Contributor

I keep my cardinal decor up all winter.

Honored Contributor

Go for it!  I love cardinal themed anything.  If they are not too "Christmasy"  they can be used year round.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have a beautiful slender three foot high flocked tree in an urn that I use in my dining room.  It has soft white lights on it and I decorate it with just one red cardinal.

It is dramatic and I get compliments on it from everyone.  And, it's easy...

Super Contributor

I, too, have gone "cuckoo" for cardinals recently.  I bought Valerie's glass red cardinal set of 8 clip ornaments, and they are beautiful.  I also bought from P&H website a set of 2 cardinal pillar candle holders that I already put out with the new red Luminara candles I got from QVC.  That same website has a set of 2 glass clip ornaments---a male and female cardinal (she is lighter in color).  I bought 2 sets and cnn't wait to display them.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a good idea.  I bet it will look nice.

Honored Contributor

Anything with birds is a go for me.  I don't use red much anymore in my Christmas decor but a few Cardinals are always around.  Go for it and enjoy.

Frequent Contributor

To me the most beautiful winter scene is seeing bright red cardinals perched in snow-covered pines. I love decorating with cardinals. I bought VPH's cardinal flower pot/tins & red poinsettias. They are gorgeous.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”