Honored Contributor

Really wish they would stamp the timer hours on the the bottom of LED candles or at least on the battery covers.  

Honored Contributor

I agree and I would love if someone would have a brainstorm and make the words (on/off/timer)   a different color than the bottom of the candle so I can see it!

Trusted Contributor

It drives me crazy. Who do they think can see that invisible small writing?
I have to get a flashlight and two pair of reading glasses. 
So I started marking them with a red or black sharpie on the side the timer is on.  

Esteemed Contributor

Same argument here so.........I took a Red Sharpie pen and 'dotted' the ON TIMER position.  You could dot any one of the options - got tired of running for my readers.

Try reading instructions on a smoke or carbonM unit - white letters on white

GRRRR & Stupid

Esteemed Contributor

@ladycos YOU TYPE FASTER THAN I...........LOL

Great minds working together and at same time.........................

Honored Contributor

My candles pre-date timers, so occasionally they keep the dust mites company throughout the night.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I agree and I would love if someone would have a brainstorm and make the words (on/off/timer)   a different color than the bottom of the candle so I can see it!

Oh yeah, that tooooo.  Drives me crazy.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

My candles pre-date timers, so occasionally they keep the dust mites company throughout the night.

Mine do too.  I turn them on / off manually, though some years I plug them into timers.  The timers are old-timers too - you know, slide the tabs in between the hours you want the lights on. 

Respected Contributor

You are all making me laugh.  I so agree about the instructions, timer hours and hard-to-read switch positions.  In addition to a selection of candles,I have those tall lanterns that you press the button once to turn it on and then hold it down a second time until it blinks to set the timer.  I have no idea how many hours they are on and can barely remember from year to year how to set the timer.

One good thing is that most of the Luminaras with switches have the same battery box, so once you read one candle, you can apply that switch position to all the others.  

Valued Contributor

My gripe too. I wonder who the Brainiacs are that design this stuff. Obviously someone who does not use them. I take a dab of nail polish or sharpie to mark the timer also. I have some older battery candles that actually have the marks done in dark letters, but sadly a lot of them use D size batteries and they do not last as long as the newer made ones. Going to start donating or putting them in rummage sales. Batteries are too expensive to only last a month as the older ones used to.