Honored Contributor

Some of the Temp-tations cookie jars are on the current sale QVC is having.  It always seems to me that decorative cookie jars are expensive, so these seem like a good deal. Great for a gift to tuck away.

K57319    Temp-tations Traditional Cookie Jar   $14.99

In this iteration, the colors they have left are:   Champagne (a modern striped design, neutral color),  Floral Lace Taupe ( wow, Floral Lace looks really sophisticated in Taupe),  and also in classic Old World Red and Old World Blue:

Temptations-by-Tara-Old-World-Blue-Covered-Jar.jpg

I love that chunky shape, and the fluted rim.  Mary showed it also as a beautiful vase for flowers in a video!

And, I don't know why the Item number and price is different for this one below, but what a deal at $13.99!

H373965    Temp-tations Old World Cookie Jar   $13.99

It only comes in this one in grey.  I'm not a 'blanket-everything-in-gray' person, but to me this looks elegant and neutral, great for a kitchen with a lot of stainless steel in it:

index.jpg

I noticed that the reviews said that the cookie jars have a nice tight gasket to keep goodies fresh.

Am I wrong about most cookie jars being expensive?  I keep seeing ones $40 and up, way up in some cases-- good grief!  Maybe cookie jars are a status symbol now, ha.  So these nicely priced ones are fun.

Honored Contributor

Looks like an urn.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I think cookie jars are like much of what we can buy-   They come in a wide range of prices.    I don't think I ever owned one because for me to have easy access to cookies would be dangerous.

Esteemed Contributor

I love those, @Oznell !  I have four (OW teal, OW hot pink, OW green, and Boo-fetti).  The gasket seals well enough.

They are perfect for dog cookies.  For that price, I may need a red one.  It's fun to switch them out seasonally.  I always have one on the fridge.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

What a great idea that you switch them seasonally, @Sweetbay magnolia --  they'd give you a little lift whenever you look at them in the kitchen...   I had not seen the Boofetti details before.  How cute for Hallowe'en!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Oznell, it is those little things that bring joy!  I see the new Boofetti jar is a little different than mine.  The first run is in the shape of a ghost.  He's adorable (DH loves Halloween so it's been a big hit).

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

I immediately check to see of the Boofetti jar was available.  Sadly, it isn't and I don't think they have had it in stock for a while.

Mostly, I was interested as I use cookie jars as the centerpiece of the gift baskets I make for local rescues.  I select a jar and then build around that.  I've got several Boofetti pieces that need jars!

That is a great price, too.  I buy most of the jars I get on sale as you are right, they can run $40 or more depending on the maker.

I'd get a few of the Temp-tations, but try to pick out more unusual patterns for my baskets.

Honored Contributor

Oh, now that you mention it,  I think I've spotted that "figural" Boofetti before,  @Sweetbay magnolia --  what a shame they've retired it, it's darling.

@Witchy Woman,  your baskets always sound to me like the product of a creative mind-- the lucky people who get them must be wowed!  A wonderful charitable service that you perform, and that brings joy. 

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG EXACTLY WHAT I THINK -- URN-LIKE!

-Solar

Honored Contributor

I bought several of these a number of years ago when she first introduced them, in Floral Lace blue and Floral Lace chocolate. 

I loved the shape, especially for the FL pattern. They are small for a cookie jar, but I've used them for a number of different things on the counter. 

And yes, cookie jars are ridiculously expensive quite often. I am on the hunt for Christmas cookie jars for my grandkids for next year. When I was a baby, my grandpa bought me a Christmas themed cookie jar and I have it still, some 60 years later, and I display it most holiday seasons. 

HOLT HOWARD CHRISTMAS COOKIE JAR (item #687519)

It had to be cheap at the time, made by Holt Howard, and they sell on the secondary market today for many many times their original price.

I want to give my grandkids the same kind of experience, having that cookie jar to go to each year, and get their cookies, and hope they too will have it in their later years. 

Not really sure what I'm looking for, but I'll be on the hunt this year for one for each of them.