Honored Contributor

Re: COFFEE TABLE "SCAPES"-- WHAT'S YOUR STYLE?

@NickNack wrote:

I'm enjoying reading these descriptions.  Reading the posts about cats on coffee tables made me think of this picture I posted on the Pet Lovers forum a little over a year ago when I got my kitten.  He loved the raku bowl on my coffee table and would get in it frequently!  He's too big to do that now.

On the other side of the table I have three books with a Lampe Berger, a Caithness glass paperweight and another small glass piece on top.

fullsizeoutput_ea.jpeg

Too cute

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm enjoying reading these descriptions.  Reading the posts about cats on coffee tables made me think of this picture I posted on the Pet Lovers forum a little over a year ago when I got my kitten.  He loved the raku bowl on my coffee table and would get in it frequently!  He's too big to do that now.

On the other side of the table I have three books with a Lampe Berger, a Caithness glass paperweight and another small glass piece on top.

fullsizeoutput_ea.jpeg

@NickNack

Love your coffee table, and of course, the cat is ADORABLE Heart Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Ha, ha, @OKPrincess, 'live cat decor', very important!  We have three cats, two of whom like to precariously wend their way through my pesky decor on the table.  Otherwise, I'm sure they'd like to stretch out.  Miraculously, they almost never knock anything over....

@Oznell  We used to have cats but with the death of the last 5 years ago, I decided with my husband's fragile health and my aging not to get any others, in fairness to cats and us. But we had a feral cat that we tamed very well and it liked to sleep in the lavatories and walk along the vanity viewing itself in the mirror.  The Persian cat liked to get away from her and  hid in the bookshelves in the great room so I had to be careful not to put any breakables there lest she jump up into her hiding place and a crash ensue and the Himalayan liked to sit on the cocktail table.  She was such a pretty girl.  Aren't cats the best!!!!  I love to hear the cat stories.  I can just imagine them.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  That is the cutest baby!!!!!!  I could give it kisses and kisses.

Honored Contributor

In don't use the living room unless we have company. I have a small butler's tray table I use to hold an antique candy dish, but that's it. 

Honored Contributor

Gosh, I knew this would be interesting to read all these different approaches, but it's even more enjoyable than I imagined.  I guess because your descriptions are so personal to each of you, and I love all the detail, too, down to the tiniest thing.

Thank you, gang, for taking the time to give these word-pictures-- and an actual adorable picture, @NickNack-- to fire our imaginations.

Hoping for more, too...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell@Spurt@NickNack

I found a picture of Bubba and Grayson before I remodeled the den.

E0CC2331-27E2-4D35-A87E-149D25C818D4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess  Your cats are beautiful!  I think you have the same cat tree that I have.  My cat never goes in the box, does yours?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@OKPrincess  Your cats are beautiful!  I think you have the same cat tree that I have.  My cat never goes in the box, does yours?

No they very rarely got in the box esp after we got the coffee table. So after we remodeled we moved the cat tree to the other room.  I love the cat trees w/o very much carpet.

Honored Contributor

My coffee table kinda "doubles" as my office.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥