Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

With plow and hearth I look for something cute that is battery operated, not a candle thing. 

10 years ago I tried Home Reflections flameless candles in a TSV.  I bought the cream color for my sister and picked the teal/turquoise color for me.

Anyone remember these?

Image result for qvc home reflections hurricane flameless candle set

After that I discovered Candle Impressions and they've been my flameless candle of choice.

I've done well with Plow and Hearth Solar items and during 2017 I bought the Santa version of this

https://www.qvc.com/Plow-%26-Hearth-IndoorOutdoor-12%22-Illuminated-Holiday-Figurine-wJar.product.H2...

The timer on this thing didn't work, it wouldn't shut off by itself.  I was working full time at the time so I thought I was losing it.  I finally watched the darn thing one weekend and sure enough it wouldn't turn itself off.  I didn't think about returning it.  I think I use him on the Santa table, I just don't put batteries in him.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl 

With plow and hearth I look for something cute that is battery operated, not a candle thing. 

10 years ago I tried Home Reflections flameless candles in a TSV.  I bought the cream color for my sister and picked the teal/turquoise color for me.

Anyone remember these?

Image result for qvc home reflections hurricane flameless candle set

After that I discovered Candle Impressions and they've been my flameless candle of choice.

I've done well with Plow and Hearth Solar items and during 2017 I bought the Santa version of this

https://www.qvc.com/Plow-%26-Hearth-IndoorOutdoor-12%22-Illuminated-Holiday-Figurine-wJar.product.H2...

The timer on this thing didn't work, it wouldn't shut off by itself.  I was working full time at the time so I thought I was losing it.  I finally watched the darn thing one weekend and sure enough it wouldn't turn itself off.  I didn't think about returning it.  I think I use him on the Santa table, I just don't put batteries in him.

@Bird mama   The link doesn't work, the "oops" Q thingy,lol.  I have some Home Reflections also, work horses, and lots of CI, beautiful and long battery life, then of course, Luminara.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   I'm losing my mind.  I bought the Snowman.  Either way, he didn't work either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsjy9HXUs90

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I admit I bit and purchased 2 sets of Valerie Parr Hill flocked berry and greenery candle rings. Bought them early today before they sold out. My order shows "in process." I hope that I get these. I can't seem to resist the candles and candle rings. But this is going to be it for Christmas decor. 

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Stay on the lookout @jpie -- That truck tends to re-appear on QVC.  Valerie has also offered the truck in the Fall in blue or white.  You might be able to get it later in the season.

______

Thank you!  I"ll keep checking.

Trusted Contributor

I thought I was safe from CIJ since I no longer have the...

I thought I was safe from CIJ since I no longer have the QVC channel, but then

I read this thread and...........I purchased the deer candles.  I'll tie something else around their necks during off season to cover up the wreath. I just hope mama deers head gets at least a little light, otherwise it will look like a headless deer in the dark.

I'm also getting Jim Shore's Woodland Sleigh and the reindeers, but with shipping charges the price is the same on Amazon, so I'm purchasing there since they have the reindeers in stock.  That should be all the Christmas items for me this year.

Hope everyone loves their CIJ pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie   Big Lots had many red truck items last year. 

Respected Contributor

I’m in purge and donate mode. Also,Hobby lobby just opened a brand new store just a couple miles from me, so unless there’s a CIJ offering that is amazingly unique with free shipping, I’m not buying anything.😌

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama  The Thomas Paconi ornaments were beautiful! I have many and new ones don’t compare.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers 

Thanks!  I'll keep my eyes open while I'm there.  Also I'll check their web page.