Honored Contributor

This is the holiday forum, so why come here to whine about the programming that this forum was set aside for. There are a host of other forums to complain on. Several forums here, are about the support of and positive vibes of the subject matter (like pet lovers and among friends for example). 

I hate fashion, beauty, shoes and handbags, but I haven't gone to any of those forums and blabbed about it. I let them have their love and their joy in their forum, and I come here to share the joy and planning for all holidays, any time of the year. 

I've always shopped for Christmas all year. I will continue to do so. I often am done before Halloween. Then I can enjoy all the other aspects of the season, and not stress about gifts, especially in the state that retail and supply chains are right now. I will have the perfect gifts ready to go, like always. 

Honored Contributor

@Matchup wrote:

It is cheap stuff leftover from last season - 

There was tons of new stuff as well. Yep, lots of leftovers like every year, but tons of new stuff. But ya have to stop complaining and watch to see that.

Honored Contributor

@Matchup wrote:

I buy regularly & didn't buy a thing this weekend.   In my opinion, those buying this early just want to check things off list - not a lot of thought!

That is a line of bull and exactly just the opposite. If you know your giftees well, you have to shop at all times of the year to find the exact right things. They don't just magically appear between Thanksgiving and December 24th. 

There are a lot of things I know I'm not, but a good gifter I know I am. I only buy for a handful of people, and I know them well, shop all year to get just the right things, and my gifts are always well received. I also get the best deals because I'm always on the 'hunt' and I"m never stressed because I'm done early.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Matchup wrote:

Because we can - that's why this forum exists.   Too bad you don't like my opinion.  

And wrong again. This forum was suggested by Alberti because there was a good sized group of us that liked to talk holiday things, especially during CIJ, and people whined in the other forums that we were filling the space with too many holiday posts. 

So this wasn't invented for you and so what if 'you can'? I'm sure you have heard it before, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

Have you hopped over to the Pet forum just to let them know how much you hate dogs too? 

I'd suggest getting a life for some of the posters here.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  You go girl!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Mominohio  You go girl!  

@BornToShop 

LOL!

Can you tell I haven't been on hardly much in a long time. Have a lot of catching up to do! LOL

Don't mess with the holiday forum! People can psss all over the Comunity Chat and argue it out, but this is supposed to be a happy place! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  We got to make sure we keep this in check!  

Occasional Contributor

I shop all year to get the perfect gifts and then when the season is upon us I am not stressed. I love to enjoy the season and help others get what they need so they are not so stressed. Besides if I finish my gift buying early then I can spend my time celebrating the true meaning of Christmas 

Regular Contributor

enuf with the CIJ programming. its overkill. 7/21, 7/22 and now it appears 7/24 is another!!