Honored Contributor

Re: CIJ WEEKEND JULY 14-16, WHAT DID YOU BUY?

@crazycockermom wrote:

The five illuminated trees H205280. I think the ivory although the green is pretty. They are being retired this year and am considering a set but am tired of batteries. Do you all like these? Wonder if I should wait for some non-illuminated trees I like.

@crazycockermom

I know I would use these a lot. I think they work for year around in a lot of cases. The cream/ivory would blend well with Fall items too.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Fun to read everyone's purchases. Makes me feel better about mine. Smiley Happy

The ceramic white Christmas trees. Don't have villages but see them being a pretty backdrop for other stuff. I'd get two if they were BMSM.

@crazycockermom

H211884?

Nice! Plus they match a little village Valerie offered previously.

H206646

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
Fun to read everyone's purchases. Makes me feel better about mine. Smiley Happy

I haven't hit the buy button yet but have several things in my cart. Opinions welcome. I'm getting overwhelmed!

Going to get the white swans. Like SHOPR, my rooms don't have much natural light so the black would be too dark.

The ceramic white Christmas trees. Don't have villages but see them being a pretty backdrop for other stuff. I'd get two if they were BMSM.

The red truck is cute, but a little pricier than I hoped. Would be close to $50 after tax and s&h.

Joan Rivers egg ornaments which I get almost every year.

Kringle Express H211530 ornaments. I got the solid green last year and was pleased. A little whimsical that can add a little interest in various places. Looking at the red and/or silver. What do you guys think of the stripes?

I like the pip berry thing but question if I want to store it.

The five illuminated trees H205280. I think the ivory although the green is pretty. They are being retired this year and am considering a set but am tired of batteries. Do you all like these? Wonder if I should wait for some non-illuminated trees I like.

@crazycockermom...I have had the 5 illuminated trees (white) for at least 3 years if not more and love them.  I think they have good battery life.  I usually put them out around Thanksgiving and they are going strong after Xmas.  I leave them out for a time after all the other decoratios come down since they are wintery and have them grouped with 3 small cardinals so I feel they are more of a winter theme.   Can't tell you for sure how long the batteries last but they look so good without being lit too.  I even thought of getting another set in case my give out but haven't decided on that yet.  Hate spending on something I won't use now.  Maybe by the time they do give out, I will be ready for a change anyway. 

HTH

JPC

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper
The green ones I got last year are still available in green and blue. They also came in red and I think champagne. Maybe I'll rethink the striped ones.

Will probably get the illuminated trees. I considered them last year too.

I will probably get the ceramic trees, but I don't need the village! That will lead me down another path I don't need to go down! Lol

Regarding those deer, if you didn't get an answer yet, I think they come in silver and gold. I think they are pretty and will probably get the silver to go with the sleigh I got last year. I didn't like how last year's silver deer looked with it. They were more champagne to my eye.
Respected Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy
Thanks for the input. I should probably go ahead and get them as I can see them being very versatile. Being in Florida, I don't really do very wintery themed stuff. It just doesn't feel right, haha, but I do see the trees as something I would leave out past Christmas. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@ChiliPepper
The green ones I got last year are still available in green and blue. They also came in red and I think champagne. Maybe I'll rethink the striped ones.

Will probably get the illuminated trees. I considered them last year too.

I will probably get the ceramic trees, but I don't need the village! That will lead me down another path I don't need to go down! Lol

Regarding those deer, if you didn't get an answer yet, I think they come in silver and gold. I think they are pretty and will probably get the silver to go with the sleigh I got last year. I didn't like how last year's silver deer looked with it. They were more champagne to my eye.

@crazycockermom

I think you will get a lot of use out of the illuminated trees - either color (or both LOL).

I hear ya! Don't need to start a village collection! The ceramic trees themselves will go with everything IMO.

Yes, sometimes the silver looks silver, sometimes champagne. Both are good colors but they don't necessarily blend together.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Just Plain Crazy
Thanks for the input. I should probably go ahead and get them as I can see them being very versatile. Being in Florida, I don't really do very wintery themed stuff. It just doesn't feel right, haha, but I do see the trees as something I would leave out past Christmas. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  I have the white and green, love them, great battery life and very pretty.

Respected Contributor

I got the swans in black and in the ivory, may split them up to gifts  but I like that I can only change up the ribbon and leave them out all the time.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper
Thanks again for your input. As I said I get overwhelmed. While some of these items are special pricing, the shipping tends to add up, so I'm trying to be selective in what I get. I would be tempted if there were shipping deals, not necessarily free shipping (but that is a huge incentive for me) but at least cut us a break when we order multiple items, especially when they often ship items together!

I would be tempted to get the trees in each color if there was a buy more save more or reduced shipping. After I put everything I wanted in my cart, I saw the total and gulped so started questioning things. And we haven't even seen everything yet!
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl
Thanks! Now I'm wanting the green too, lol. I think they are one of those accent pieces that can always be used year after year, even in different vignettes. A good basic Christmas item. I'm talking myself into both, aren't I...