Super Contributor

Re: CIJ WEEKEND JULY 14-16, WHAT DID YOU BUY?

Hi morewineplease, 

re: the Kris Kringle ornaments , I think the stripes are pretty . The colors are festive & traditional ....the silver is ' elegant ' if that's the look you're going for . IMHO , you can't go wrong with any color . They're so different & whimsical  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@blueskies
Thanks! Always helps to get more opinions. The green ones were on my hearth last year, my fireplace/hearth is more whimsical. If I got the red ones, I'd probably put them with my green ones. The silver would go in my living room which is more elegant. So I guess I would want both. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Regarding the big ornaments - I just hope our new old dog doesn't mess with them. He loves balls!! He often walks around with a tennis ball in his mouth. Hope he doesn't think the ornaments are big balls! The other dogs didn't mess with them last year, so fingers crossed.

IMG_5171.JPG

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

Regarding the big ornaments - I just hope our new old dog doesn't mess with them. He loves balls!! He often walks around with a tennis ball in his mouth. Hope he doesn't think the ornaments are big balls! The other dogs didn't mess with them last year, so fingers crossed.

IMG_5171.JPG

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_5171.JPG

@crazycockermom  He's beautiful. Smiley Happy  how did you come by an older dog?

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_5171.JPG

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_5171.JPG

@crazycockermom  He's beautiful. Smiley Happy  how did you come by an older dog?

Thanks @mousiegirl!

Well, Ruger made me fall in love with cockers   I was at an event where there was a local cocker rescue group with some sweet cockers needing a home.  They tugged at my heartstrings and ever since then I wanted to help out somehow whether foster or adopt.   We ended up adopting Buddy who will be 10 in a few weeks.  There are so many that need homes!! 

Regular Contributor

Luckily nothing so  far and hoping to continue.  Has to be something extremely special.  Three years ago I ordered a lot of CIJ items.  I realized by January of the next year I returned more than 1/2 of what I bought and questioned what was I thinking.  Since then I have really tried not to buy anything.  In July everything looks great but in November when all my decorations come down from the attic I realize I have way too much and need nothing else.  I will admit there are 3 things I'm trying to ignore because I really like them.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, I just peeked at your hearth from last Christmas-- @mousiegirl taught me how to float a thread to the top so it was easy to find, since I keep all the decorating pics up there-- and I think the new red striped large ornaments would look really good, and would definitely tie in with your red touches on the mantel. You could use a block or something as a riser and raise up one of the two on each side.  Pier1 sells pumpkin risers. Wonder if they might work? Here I am trying to spend your money!

Hey, your new doggie is gonna need a longjohn stocking! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lainey59, I can relate.  Every December I have that what was I thinking feeling when I am faced with all of the decorations I have, some inherited and some quite new, and the guilt sets in.  I pace myself in an attempt to avoid that feeling, but it is difficult.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the following Valerie Par Hill Hurricane Piece to compliment the wreath I purchased last year, I think they will be lovely together!

Bue Vintage Glass Hurricane.jpgThis morning's purchase!

Blue Wreath.jpgLast season purchase!

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching some videos, playing catch up.  H211432, Mr. Christmas nostalgic tabletop wreath, in white, reminds me of a glazed donut with sprinkles.  Now I'm hungry.  These are different.  I don't think I've ever seen this ceramic wreath type item before.