Esteemed Contributor

I pop in for Holiday Inspiration and you all never disappoint!

Reading thru the posts I realized what I really wanted this year was new flatware for the holiday table. Setting the table with good china and my everyday flatware was looking, well, one hot mess.

I picked up a new set of Towle 18/10 tonight, on sale and free ship. Best of all, it was in stock! 🥰

No doubt DS will dispose of my things at Goodwill when I'm gone, but for now it will spark joy as I stir my morning coffee.

Contributor
Seriously, ABC! Christmas in July in June. What's next, Christmas in July in May. Sorry, I won't be shopping.
Frequent Contributor

@Barks2005Seriously, change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Did you wayfair tree get there?  Hope it turned out nice!

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   Did you wayfair tree get there?  Hope it turned out nice!

@lynnie61  It took me a few days, sorry I forgot to come back to review it.  Smiley Happy

I realized I needed to put it up completely and fluff it out before deciding.  The tree gets mostly outstanding reviews, except for the very bad reviews about it not being full,.and some reviews talking about the lights not coming on.  

First, my previous tree that I got rid of was a very wide Bethlehem Lights tree -- the one used on QVC sets in their studio decorations.  Last year two of the 3 sections had large portions of lights that didn't come on.  Also, it was the first year I realized how extremely heavy the tree was (my son used to be able to come over to get it out & put it up for me, but he's moved out of state).

This new National Tree Co. tree is also 3 sections, but it's much lighter (both trees are 7.5'). You have to plug in each section to the previous section, but it's designed to be super easy to do that. 

It took about 45 minutes to fully fluff out all the branches (the Bethlehem Lights tree used to take me about 20 minutes to fluff it out).  It has lots of tiny incandescent clear warm lights.  When fully fluffed and plugged in, it's absolutely beautiful!   I let it stay up a few days before taking it down and putting it into storage. 

So overall, I'm very happy with the tree.  I love the entire process of Christmas tree decorating, so I don't mind it taking longer because of the patience needed to fluff it out fully. I think this tree really is a wonderful surprise.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   So happy you like it.  I love Christmas, and my slim tree is easy to put up and not too heavy.  My sister spends DAYS on her tree, and I spend about an hour total.  Don’t get me wrong, my sisters tree is beautiful, but mine looks beautiful for an hours work.  

Maybe when I retire I will have more time to enjoy more “special” decorating.  My tree is so calming and gives me 5-6 weeks of pure enjoyment.  You got a great price.  Not sure I could bring myself to spend 600+ on a tree.  So glad you got a great price.  I can’t remember what brand mine is.  It’s from the Q, probably on year 7/8.  I know my tree was under $225.

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61  Your tree sounds so lovely; it's the feeling it gives us during the Chrstmas season.  Last year I decorated mine with all picks and no ornaments, so it looked very winter wonderland.  I kept it up for 3 months!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I may try some picks this year.  I’m sure your tree was lovely with all picks.  I almost ordered some Valerie picks last week, but I didn’t.  Sometimes I don’t want that glitter everywhere.  The colors were nice though.  

Love to watch CIJ for new ideas.  

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61   I have some picks from the Lisa Robertson Christmas shows on QVC.  The matte bay leaf picks in different shades are wonderful.  I also have a lot of glitter picks. 

But my absolute favorite picks are Valerie Parr Hill's large icy/glass picks.  They are stunning.  She only had them one year and never brought them back.  I cannot find anything like them.  I asked her last year on her Instagram page if she could bring them again and she said she was thrilled to get feedback for the coming season.  A noncommittal way of saying I don't know, which is probably the best she could do with all that's going on.