Trusted Contributor

Re: CIJ Scott Living Reindeer

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  Hi Lucy: Just wanted to let you know my red reindeer arrived today (a day early...YIPPEE) and it is unbroken.  Since I'm still at work I didn't take the whole box apart, but I can see why some of them are having issues. The styrofoam packing is only full on one side. The other side is basically open in the middle.  The styrofoam only pads the top and bottom of the box on the other side.  I hope you get yours in one piece as well.  It is a substantial size and will be a nice addition to our "deer disease" collection.  Please post when you get yours!

@MTH  I am so happy that your Reindeer came unbroken.  Can't wait to hear your plans for him.  Actually, mine just shipped today.  I was thinking they had pulled another oversell like they did with my lantern before. I don't know what the hold up was in shipping my deer but I'll get it next week sometime.  I hope you will be pleased with yours when you get to fully unpack him and I'm sure you will be.  They are all sold out now in every color.

@lucymo  I saw that they were completely sold out now.  I was thinking it would be nice to have another, but I like the idea of having a different pose.  I do think a nice plaid ribbon will be a good touch maybe with a shiny Christmas ball on it or something to break up the color.  Not sure if I ever showed you the silver ones I picked up after Christmas last year at P1.  If not, let me know and I'll send you a pic.   They are smaller but still a really good size and very heavy.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  Hi Lucy: Just wanted to let you know my red reindeer arrived today (a day early...YIPPEE) and it is unbroken.  Since I'm still at work I didn't take the whole box apart, but I can see why some of them are having issues. The styrofoam packing is only full on one side. The other side is basically open in the middle.  The styrofoam only pads the top and bottom of the box on the other side.  I hope you get yours in one piece as well.  It is a substantial size and will be a nice addition to our "deer disease" collection.  Please post when you get yours!

@MTH  I am so happy that your Reindeer came unbroken.  Can't wait to hear your plans for him.  Actually, mine just shipped today.  I was thinking they had pulled another oversell like they did with my lantern before. I don't know what the hold up was in shipping my deer but I'll get it next week sometime.  I hope you will be pleased with yours when you get to fully unpack him and I'm sure you will be.  They are all sold out now in every color.

@lucymo  I saw that they were completely sold out now.  I was thinking it would be nice to have another, but I like the idea of having a different pose.  I do think a nice plaid ribbon will be a good touch maybe with a shiny Christmas ball on it or something to break up the color.  Not sure if I ever showed you the silver ones I picked up after Christmas last year at P1.  If not, let me know and I'll send you a pic.   They are smaller but still a really good size and very heavy.  

@MTH  No, I didn't see the deer that you got after Christmas last year.  I believe you posted pictures of your large deer and most of your collection before Christmas.  Please post pictures so we can all drool over them.  I love to see pictures of Reindeer anytime. We have this disease you know.  I need to check P1 a little later and see what they have this year.  No store near me anymore so I only see online unless we go to St Louis area.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH  No, I didn't see the deer that you got after Christmas last year.  I believe you posted pictures of your large deer and most of your collection before Christmas.  Please post pictures so we can all drool over them.  I love to see pictures of Reindeer anytime. We have this disease you know.  I need to check P1 a little later and see what they have this year.  No store near me anymore so I only see online unless we go to St Louis area.

@lucymo  Sorry this is a little darker than I thought it would be but I think you can see them pretty well.  I got these 50% off after Christmas last year.  P1reindeer.JPG

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  Sorry this is a little darker than I thought it would be but I think you can see them pretty well.  I got these 50% off after Christmas last year.  P1reindeer.JPG

@MTH  Love them!  I especially like the 'head up' one's antlers. It makes him look so graceful.  I can imagine that the picture doesn't really show the carving and brilliance of the silver. There's just something special about  deer.  I can't walk past them in the stores without stopping to check them out and spend time talking myself out of buying.  My family sends me pictures of deer from stores to see if I want them to get it for me. Like we say, it's a disease.  lol  Thanks for sharing the picture.

Honored Contributor

@MTH  My Reindeer showed shipped today and the tracking shows planned delivery on Saturday.  I can't believe that it will be here so fast but maybe I'll know the condition of mine  sooner than I thought.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  My Reindeer showed shipped today and the tracking shows planned delivery on Saturday.  I can't believe that it will be here so fast but maybe I'll know the condition of mine  sooner than I thought.

@lucymo  I do hope you get yours on Saturday.  Can't wait to hear what you think.  I keep thinking that although they had so many break originally, and since they've now sold out, there had to be most of them that arrived unscathed so Im sure yours will be fine too.  I hope they shipped yours Fed Ex Ground as they seemed to do a good job protecting it. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH  Love them!  I especially like the 'head up' one's antlers. It makes him look so graceful.  I can imagine that the picture doesn't really show the carving and brilliance of the silver. There's just something special about  deer.  I can't walk past them in the stores without stopping to check them out and spend time talking myself out of buying.  My family sends me pictures of deer from stores to see if I want them to get it for me. Like we say, it's a disease.  lol  Thanks for sharing the picture.

@lucymo  P1 is always worth checking out.  I haven't yet seen many deer on their website yet but they do have a "sneak peak" of Christmas up.  Mostly what they have now is Fall decor which hits the stores at the end of this month and they have a few Fall deer but nothing that really caught my attention.  I think that's great that your family always thinks of you when they see reindeer.  It's a very "cheery" way to be thought of.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I do hope you get yours on Saturday.  Can't wait to hear what you think.  I keep thinking that although they had so many break originally, and since they've now sold out, there had to be most of them that arrived unscathed so Im sure yours will be fine too.  I hope they shipped yours Fed Ex Ground as they seemed to do a good job protecting it. 

@MTH  Yes, my deer was shipped Fed Ex.  I am so excited to receive him.  Since he's Bronze I won't pack him away but put somewhere in a guest BR or maybe in the entry.  He is a deer, after all.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  P1 is always worth checking out.  I haven't yet seen many deer on their website yet but they do have a "sneak peak" of Christmas up.  Mostly what they have now is Fall decor which hits the stores at the end of this month and they have a few Fall deer but nothing that really caught my attention.  I think that's great that your family always thinks of you when they see reindeer.  It's a very "cheery" way to be thought of.  

@MTH  The problem with having a lot of Reindeer is the storage.  Their legs and antlers are so easily broken but to me they are well worth the trouble.  They fit so well into Christmas and winter scenes with nothing more than some evergreen branches.  So many posters on here love them too so if there's a good deer for sale somewhere the info is passed along.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

@MTH, @GCR18, @SHOPR@mousiegirl, @BornToShop

My Scott Bros. Reindeer came today.  It as as close to perfect as I ever expect to receive.  It has a few little bad paint spots but that's only noticeable if you're inspecting it. I'm loving it and the Bronze color because I'm planning to use him somewhere in the house now.  Feeling very lucky on this one.