Honored Contributor

So far, except for one item (the Connemarra marble nativity), it's been all food, food, food for me, hopefully ALL for gifts- LOL.

The caramels got me- ordered two each of the original and peppermint for 12/5 delivery.  They look delicious.

Also ordered the 2 different Hampton popcorn configuations, also for 12/5 delivery.

I'm going to break all the sets up and give them to two neighbors and a few other friends.

Every year, I always order the mini croissants for the 12/5 ship date, but I don't see them offered yet, so I'll keep watching through the fall.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I said I wasn't going to buy anything this year but my will power had no immunity against a few things.

H206646 Valerie's Illuminated Ceramic village w/trees

This village is gorgeous in person. Love the trees.

H208717 Faceted Drop Candle Rings

H208694 Illuminated Mirrored Mosaic Spheres

H206416 Frosted Evergreen picks

H208715 Hemlock Candle Rings

Please don't judge or point fingers.  Some of us can't help ourselves.  LOL

@lucymo wrote:

I said I wasn't going to buy anything this year but my will power had no immunity against a few things.

@lucymo  LOL..I'm having the same problem. I have also been considering the reindeer pillar set.  Did you see them???H208848

@MTH  Hello, Fl friend,  I had not seen the Reindeer until you mentioned them.  I've been trying to multitask today and I am not good at that.  

Anyway, of course I think I will like them in Champagne.  My  problem is that I have a set of Reindeer candle holders in gold that I got when David Shindler was at QVC so now I'm trying to justify getting more.  Thanks for letting me know.  Enabler.  lol

@lucymo  Sorry about the enabling Lucy....but I did get the champagne.  In some of teh pics its looks darker than others but I'm hoping its on the lighter color side.  Couldn't resist them tho.  I tried to get JPC to talk me out of them, but she didn't. LOL

@MTH  I got them too, just couldn't pass them up and with the candle too.  I don't know how good the candle is but it looks pretty with the deer.  I got champagne as my others are gold.  If I can get to my David Shindler deer I will send a picture to you.

JPC is not doing her job, we are out here without any supervision just buying and buying.  lol

I usually always look at the new arrivals but not today.  So, thanks for telling me about the deer.

@lucymo Glad I'm not alone.  I also got the silver vintage ones that Valerie had on on July 1st. You know,,...the ones I told you I wasn't gonna get either.  LOL.  Those silver ones are going in my front windows of a guest room. I have good sized window sills for them.  . Not sure where I'll put these yet but I just had to have them.  LOL.  I have a mixture of colors of my reindeer...for some reason I don't want them all to match so these are champagne.  I think you're right about JPC. She's left us unsupervised for too long and we are being bad.

@MTH  Now why would JPC do that anyway, she knows we can't be trusted when there's Reindeer to be had or most anything else.  Smiley Happy

I didn't get the deer on July 1.  My collection of deer is all different colors too.  I think it would be boring to have all in the same color.  I have from white to dark brown and one that is wood look but he's pretty big.

@lucymo  So glad you kept your order. They showed the reindeer pedestals again this morning and looks like the remaining quantity sold out in less than 2 minutes. Even in the second presentation, there was no mention of the battery life but I will check them out when they arrive to see how long they last.

@RazorSharp@lucymo  I have to add that you two are cracking me up with your food discussion....

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  LOL..I'm having the same problem. I have also been considering the reindeer pillar set.  Did you see them???H208848

@MTH  Hello, Fl friend,  I had not seen the Reindeer until you mentioned them.  I've been trying to multitask today and I am not good at that.  

Anyway, of course I think I will like them in Champagne.  My  problem is that I have a set of Reindeer candle holders in gold that I got when David Shindler was at QVC so now I'm trying to justify getting more.  Thanks for letting me know.  Enabler.  lol

@lucymo  Sorry about the enabling Lucy....but I did get the champagne.  In some of teh pics its looks darker than others but I'm hoping its on the lighter color side.  Couldn't resist them tho.  I tried to get JPC to talk me out of them, but she didn't. LOL

@MTH  I got them too, just couldn't pass them up and with the candle too.  I don't know how good the candle is but it looks pretty with the deer.  I got champagne as my others are gold.  If I can get to my David Shindler deer I will send a picture to you.

JPC is not doing her job, we are out here without any supervision just buying and buying.  lol

I usually always look at the new arrivals but not today.  So, thanks for telling me about the deer.

@lucymo Glad I'm not alone.  I also got the silver vintage ones that Valerie had on on July 1st. You know,,...the ones I told you I wasn't gonna get either.  LOL.  Those silver ones are going in my front windows of a guest room. I have good sized window sills for them.  . Not sure where I'll put these yet but I just had to have them.  LOL.  I have a mixture of colors of my reindeer...for some reason I don't want them all to match so these are champagne.  I think you're right about JPC. She's left us unsupervised for too long and we are being bad.

@MTH  Now why would JPC do that anyway, she knows we can't be trusted when there's Reindeer to be had or most anything else.  Smiley Happy

I didn't get the deer on July 1.  My collection of deer is all different colors too.  I think it would be boring to have all in the same color.  I have from white to dark brown and one that is wood look but he's pretty big.

@lucymo  So glad you kept your order. They showed the reindeer pedestals again this morning and looks like the remaining quantity sold out in less than 2 minutes. Even in the second presentation, there was no mention of the battery life but I will check them out when they arrive to see how long they last.

@RazorSharp@lucymo  I have to add that you two are cracking me up with your food discussion....

@MTH  I just couldn't let them go, they would have been snatched up in a minute and they're mine. 

Yes, we all get a little crazy when a holiday rolls around.  I love to have fun and it helps ease the boredom of this CIJ.  I just found other things to do last night rather than watch.  I was a little concerned about @RazorSharp too, thought he might head off to Memphis and get into trouble at the 'candy factory' and we wouldn't know about so couldn't go get him.  I'm relieved that all is well though. 

I have to be at church early today so have to get going but will be back around two.  You guys hold down the fort and don't buy everything, leave something for me.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo 

Enjoy your purchases!!!  

Darn it I must've missed those Hemlock Candle Rings---now they are no longer available Woman Sad

@Spurt  I believe those Hemlock rings sold out when presented.  They are nice once you shake off the excess glitter.

@lucymo  LOL---yep there's always seems to be a little excess somethng to shake off---glitter, or berries, or snow ---Woman LOL  I've done that with her garlands, wreaths, and some decorative pieces---she had some bunnies and chicks for Easter I thought I'd never get rid of the excess glitter---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo 

Enjoy your purchases!!!  

Darn it I must've missed those Hemlock Candle Rings---now they are no longer available Woman Sad

@Spurt  I believe those Hemlock rings sold out when presented.  They are nice once you shake off the excess glitter.

@lucymo  LOL---yep there's always seems to be a little excess somethng to shake off---glitter, or berries, or snow ---Woman LOL  I've done that with her garlands, wreaths, and some decorative pieces---she had some bunnies and chicks for Easter I thought I'd never get rid of the excess glitter---

@Spurt  They are great rings though and I have the picks from last year that will work back with them.  I'm sure a few will make it to 'as is' and I'll get more if I can catch them there.

It is so much fun here during the Holidays.  I love how we can all come together year after year and share information and have fun.  I always look forward to this time.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo 

Enjoy your purchases!!!  

@Spurt  They are great rings though and I have the picks from last year that will work back with them.  I'm sure a few will make it to 'as is' and I'll get more if I can catch them there.

It is so much fun here during the Holidays.  I love how we can all come together year after year and share information and have fun.  I always look forward to this time.

@lucymo  It is fun to come here and share ideas and our love for decorating.....love the photos that are posted too......

Even though there's glitter and stuff to shake off I DO like Valerie's style and merchandise even if it comes with a little bit extra....  Smiley Wink   I was thinking about checking "as is" too...will keep an eye out....candle rings are difficult to come by, they always seem to sell out with Valerie's collections too---I was lucky to get her spring candle rings....she should make more since they seem to be a good seller....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

100_2770.jpg

@MTH  Here are the David Shindler deer candle holders.  They are an antique gold and about 17" and 14" H.  Anyone else have them?  They were on QVC several years ago.

@lucymo  These are beautiful, and I never saw them, because if I had, I would have pounced, lol.  I am attaching pictures of the holders I bought last year at zulily, about 15 1/2 inches. DSCF1278.JPGDSCF1277.JPGDSCF1275.JPGDSCF1276.JPG I bought four, and think they are fabulous. Smiley Happy  The top looks a bit crooked in the pictures, but it isn't, that I can see.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2770.jpg

@MTH  Here are the David Shindler deer candle holders.  They are an antique gold and about 17" and 14" H.  Anyone else have them?  They were on QVC several years ago.

@lucymo  These are beautiful, and I never saw them, because if I had, I would have pounced, lol.  I am attaching pictures of the holders I bought last year at zulily, about 15 1/2 inches. DSCF1278.JPGDSCF1277.JPGDSCF1275.JPGDSCF1276.JPG I bought four, and think they are fabulous. Smiley Happy  The top looks a bit crooked in the pictures, but it isn't, that I can see.

@mousiegirl  I like them, they are beautiful.  I didn't see them at Zulily or they would be in my deer herd too.   I've decided that I need to go check  out Zulily more often. I've found some really good buys there.  I'll check them out when I get home today and see what they have available now.

Super Contributor

Zulily has a Christmas in July too but like 24 &25 or close to those days.

Valued Contributor

mousiegirl these candle holders are beautiful and have an antique look to them, I love them!!!  Congradulations on you find and your good taste in decor.