@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I said I wasn't going to buy anything this year but my will power had no immunity against a few things.

H206646 Valerie's Illuminated Ceramic village w/trees

This village is gorgeous in person. Love the trees.

H208717 Faceted Drop Candle Rings

H208694 Illuminated Mirrored Mosaic Spheres

H206416 Frosted Evergreen picks

H208715 Hemlock Candle Rings

Please don't judge or point fingers.  Some of us can't help ourselves.  LOL

@lucymo  What color spheres?  I bought two sets of red finials and one of brown, so far.

@mousiegirl  Oh, well, we do this every year so why did we think this year would be any different.  I am tempted by the chocolate finials but I have so many I am resisting.  I am thinking of getting the spheres in Frost and Champagne to use with the finials that I already have in those colors.  What do you think?  LOL

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I said I wasn't going to buy anything this year but my will power had no immunity against a few things.

@lucymo  What color spheres?  I bought two sets of red finials and one of brown, so far.

@mousiegirl  Oh, well, we do this every year so why did we think this year would be any different.  I am tempted by the chocolate finials but I have so many I am resisting.  I am thinking of getting the spheres in Frost and Champagne to use with the finials that I already have in those colors.  What do you think?  LOL

@lucymo  I wonder why the ink color changes, I can barly see what I am typing, LOL.  I have been thinking about the spheres, but then I think about how many I have and don't use.  I have two sets of the original red, havn't used those in years, cobalt blue never used, black havn't used in years, and the garden spheres in chocolate.

I have the frost finials and was thinking about the spheres to match in my red room setting, but I don't think I can cram another tiem into the display, lol, pathetic, isn't it.

It is pathetic.  I wonder if we would all be as bad if we weren't banded together here for all the seasonal shows, not just Christmas, but every season.  We see something and run post it on here and of course everyone runs to check it out.  We do have fun though and get some nice stuff to decorate with. 

I just hope we don't all get started with the food items or I would be 'two ton lucy' in just a little while.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo Did you see M51316? Drooling.

@RazorSharp 

Did you read my post about being thankful none of us had started  with the food?  I'm guessing that you want to see if I will turn into 'two ton Lucy'.

Well, I did go look at the Caramels and of course I'm tempted but I hurriedly left that page.  So, if you order them don't tell me, please.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  There is a company here that makes the best with salt on top and good sized pieces, but I have forgotten the name.  Every year, I say I will make these, pretty easy, but I havn't yet, but have loads of recipes.  It is tempting to buy them.

@mousiegirl  I try really hard not to keep that sort of food around  the house because we have no will power with that either.  Too many empty calories accompany the yummy taste.  Enjoy if you get the candy.

@lucymo  I am not getting the candy because I want to make it myself during Christmas if I can find the time, besides, I am still working on Junior'summer mini  cheesecakes, lol.

@mousiegirl  It will make us look like Roly Poly if we get as out of hand with the food as we have with the decor.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2770.jpg

@MTH  Here are the David Shindler deer candle holders.  They are an antique gold and about 17" and 14" H.  Anyone else have them?  They were on QVC several years ago.

@lucymo  Those are awesome!!  I can see why you thought they were close.  I'm sure the designers look at others for inspiration!  Thanks for digging those out and sharing.  They are pretty close to the same height too!

@MTH  I'm still asking myself why I'm ordering the new set when they are so similar but you know how we are about deer.  When I'm out at the local stores and see a pretty deer I think of you because I know you like them as much as I do. 

Did you see the crystal set HL had a couple of years ago?  They were really large and over a hundred $ each.  My daughter wanted me to get them but I just couldn't justify spending that much for them. 

I may talk myself into canceling my order before midnight tonight.  I don't know.

Trusted Contributor

Re: CIJ Purchases

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2770.jpg

@MTH  Here are the David Shindler deer candle holders.  They are an antique gold and about 17" and 14" H.  Anyone else have them?  They were on QVC several years ago.

@lucymo  Those are awesome!!  I can see why you thought they were close.  I'm sure the designers look at others for inspiration!  Thanks for digging those out and sharing.  They are pretty close to the same height too!

@MTH  I'm still asking myself why I'm ordering the new set when they are so similar but you know how we are about deer.  When I'm out at the local stores and see a pretty deer I think of you because I know you like them as much as I do. 

Did you see the crystal set HL had a couple of years ago?  They were really large and over a hundred $ each.  My daughter wanted me to get them but I just couldn't justify spending that much for them. 

I may talk myself into canceling my order before midnight tonight.  I don't know.

@lucymo I can udnerstand your second thoughts.  The ones you have are beautiful.  I dont' have anyhthing like these and I love the candle that comes with it. I asked a question about the battery life but didn't get an answer yet but their products usually have decent battery life. I tried to buy something almost identical to these after Christmas last year at P1 but was too late to get them. And I'm sure they were much more expensive at P1.  Let me know if you end up cancelling them. I see the champagne ones are already sold out along with the silver.  I did not see the crystal ones at HL. I can't imagine anything so expensive at that store but they must have been beautiful.  I stopped by there last week to see if they had any new reindeer out yet but my HL had mostly ornaments only.  The newest stuff was  Fall and Halloween.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2770.jpg

@lucymo I can udnerstand your second thoughts.  The ones you have are beautiful.  I dont' have anyhthing like these and I love the candle that comes with it. I asked a question about the battery life but didn't get an answer yet but their products usually have decent battery life. I tried to buy something almost identical to these after Christmas last year at P1 but was too late to get them. And I'm sure they were much more expensive at P1.  Let me know if you end up cancelling them. I see the champagne ones are already sold out along with the silver.  I did not see the crystal ones at HL. I can't imagine anything so expensive at that store but they must have been beautiful.  I stopped by there last week to see if they had any new reindeer out yet but my HL had mostly ornaments only.  The newest stuff was  Fall and Halloween.

@MTH  I decided to keep the order since it is champagne  and I have other finials and spheres in that color and hope they will work together.  I knew the champagne wouldn't last long as so many love the color.  I've been looking at my decor storage this afternoon and wondering  where to use all of that beautiful stuff.  lol    I may need to decorate the neighbors houses too.  My Reindeer is always stored in a cabinet , can't let anything happen to them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  LOL..I'm having the same problem. I have also been considering the reindeer pillar set.  Did you see them???H208848

@MTH  Hello, Fl friend,  I had not seen the Reindeer until you mentioned them.  I've been trying to multitask today and I am not good at that.  

Anyway, of course I think I will like them in Champagne.  My  problem is that I have a set of Reindeer candle holders in gold that I got when David Shindler was at QVC so now I'm trying to justify getting more.  Thanks for letting me know.  Enabler.  lol

@lucymo  Sorry about the enabling Lucy....but I did get the champagne.  In some of teh pics its looks darker than others but I'm hoping its on the lighter color side.  Couldn't resist them tho.  I tried to get JPC to talk me out of them, but she didn't. LOL

@MTH  I got them too, just couldn't pass them up and with the candle too.  I don't know how good the candle is but it looks pretty with the deer.  I got champagne as my others are gold.  If I can get to my David Shindler deer I will send a picture to you.

JPC is not doing her job, we are out here without any supervision just buying and buying.  lol

I usually always look at the new arrivals but not today.  So, thanks for telling me about the deer.

@lucymo Glad I'm not alone.  I also got the silver vintage ones that Valerie had on on July 1st. You know,,...the ones I told you I wasn't gonna get either.  LOL.  Those silver ones are going in my front windows of a guest room. I have good sized window sills for them.  . Not sure where I'll put these yet but I just had to have them.  LOL.  I have a mixture of colors of my reindeer...for some reason I don't want them all to match so these are champagne.  I think you're right about JPC. She's left us unsupervised for too long and we are being bad.

@MTH  Now why would JPC do that anyway, she knows we can't be trusted when there's Reindeer to be had or most anything else.  Smiley Happy

I didn't get the deer on July 1.  My collection of deer is all different colors too.  I think it would be boring to have all in the same color.  I have from white to dark brown and one that is wood look but he's pretty big.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordered this weekend:  Late to the game but oh well: H205179 scenes under glass snowman with children.

"As is" H208072 Scene under glass Church 

H206718 18" Majestic Santa

had ordered things on first CIJ earlier this month..twisted trees by Valerie already gone for the season and the muli color in glass finials. Love them. H208719 and H208791

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I wonder why the ink color changes, I can barly see what I am typing, LOL.  I have been thinking about the spheres, but then I think about how many I have and don't use.  I have two sets of the original red, havn't used those in years, cobalt blue never used, black havn't used in years, and the garden spheres in chocolate.

I have the frost finials and was thinking about the spheres to match in my red room setting, but I don't think I can cram another tiem into the display, lol, pathetic, isn't it.

It is pathetic.  I wonder if we would all be as bad if we weren't banded together here for all the seasonal shows, not just Christmas, but every season.  We see something and run post it on here and of course everyone runs to check it out.  We do have fun though and get some nice stuff to decorate with. 

I just hope we don't all get started with the food items or I would be 'two ton lucy' in just a little while.  Smiley Happy

@RazorSharp 

Did you read my post about being thankful none of us had started  with the food?  I'm guessing that you want to see if I will turn into 'two ton Lucy'.

Well, I did go look at the Caramels and of course I'm tempted but I hurriedly left that page.  So, if you order them don't tell me, please.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo Remember, caramel is just sugar, so they're fat free!  I just mapped driving directions to this company, and it would only take 3 hours to get there!  Road trip!

@RazorSharp Yes, but the sugar will make me fat.  I was just thinking that you could hit I-40 and go to the company and I bet they would have bulk caramels at a special price too.  So, when are you going?  Smiley Happy

@lucymoYou know, I-40 is a block away from my house.  I might already be on my way!

@RazorSharp  Well, you be careful and I figure they will have to throw you out of the 'candy factory' because you'll be tasting every flavor.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo I'll be clutching the front door handles of the factory while the security guards try to pull me free by my ankles while I scream "I'm not finished!" (With my cheeks stuffed with caramels).

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp 

@lucymo Remember, caramel is just sugar, so they're fat free!  I just mapped driving directions to this company, and it would only take 3 hours to get there!  Road trip!

@RazorSharp Yes, but the sugar will make me fat.  I was just thinking that you could hit I-40 and go to the company and I bet they would have bulk caramels at a special price too.  So, when are you going?  Smiley Happy

@lucymoYou know, I-40 is a block away from my house.  I might already be on my way!

@RazorSharp  Well, you be careful and I figure they will have to throw you out of the 'candy factory' because you'll be tasting every flavor.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo I'll be clutching the front door handles of the factory while the security guards try to pull me free by my ankles while I scream "I'm not finished!" (With my cheeks stuffed with caramels).

@RazorSharp  I knew it, I knew it!  I can see it now and I need to be there and sell tickets for the show.  A nice thin man went in and a crazed fat man was dragged out kicking, screaming and stuffing caramels with both hands.  lol

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp 

@RazorSharp  I knew it, I knew it!  I can see it now and I need to be there and sell tickets for the show.  A nice thin man went in and a crazed fat man was dragged out kicking, screaming and stuffing caramels with both hands.  lol

@lucymo They'll find me in sugar shock wandering the streets of Memphis begging for a glass of milk.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless my math is way off, and it might be, the Shotwell candy site has comparable prices.  I think I'll try the banana nut caramel later in the year, from their site.  I've spent enough at QVC this month.