Esteemed Contributor

Re: CIJ Glitter, Glitter, Glitter!

I totally agree!!  I am not a fan of items covered with shiny glitter!  When I see an item that is covered with glittery, icy bits, I always look to see if there is shiny residue under item being shown.  Nearly all of Valerie's products have glitter/icy flakes underneath them.  What a mess!!

I am just not interested in glittery, icy covered, pastel colored Christmas items.   I like traditional red/green/gold colored, rustic, natural looking decor.

Valued Contributor

I like the glitter -- it doesn't bother me if/when it gets on the floor, I just wipe it up with a damp cloth.

I have to say, outside of the gingerbread items, I really didn't see that many glittered items yesterday on Valerie's shows.  (I know 20 people will probably correct me on this.)  The TSV trees sparkle, but it's not glitter that will fall off, the sparkle is embedded in the acrylic. I guess some of the figurines have glitter, but I didn't think it was out of control.

No one likes a glitter mess, but it sure looks pretty on TV!

Respected Contributor

Yep it's a love hate kinda thing for me!  It looks so pretty and sparkling until you have it at home and it's all over you and the entire house.  I have tossed out some totally covered glittery items from Christmas past.  I can handle a tiny amount and it needs to be very very secure on the item.  

The days of not minding all the cleaning up are long over for meWoman LOL

Contributor

Totally agree, please cut the glitter.  VPH items too glittery imo.  I still watch her presentations but I rarely purchase for that reason. The beautiful nativity figueres covered in gold or silver glitter on the  robes for example. That just seemed so off meaning for me.

Honored Contributor

I dislike glitter and wont buy anything with glitter on it!

I wish this trend would just end!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Glitter is pretty but a nightmare to clean & deal with!  I try to keep it to a minimum in my home.

Respected Contributor

I gave away all my glitter items that come off. Some are sealed in acrylic coating and I can use those. I almost ordered a few items until the camera went in closely and you can see the glitter!
Honored Contributor

it covers the poor painting & face imperfections on many pieces😉

I once couldn't believe my eyes on a gingerbread piece where the eyes look "crossed"..easy fix spray with glitter 🤗

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The profusion of glitter in holiday decor (not just Christmas) over the past few years has allowed my wallet to stay pretty fat since I can't stand the stuff. There have been quite a few items that I might have purchased if they weren't glittered, glistening, sparkling, icy, iced, frosted, sugared, or snow-kissed. Yeesh!

And @KingstonsMom, I do the avoid-the-glittered-card dance at the stores, too! It's nearly impossible to touch anything in the greeting card section without coming home and finding the little buggers all over you.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

And no matter what, I always get that piece of glitter on my cheek bone, that I can see when looking down.

Two hours later, I've taken almost all of my make up off with facial wipes, trying to remove it..... nope it's still there, I see it.

I apply powder, hoping it will 'un-stick' that dam piece of glitter from my skin.....no dice, still there.

Now, I break down and try to remove it with a fingernail, over and over, to no avail., it just left a red, irritated area on my cheek bone with a piece of glitter in the middle....still there.

After arriving back home with a horrible red area on my cheek bone, I hopped into the shower, threw my clothes in the washer, washed my face with Josie's Argan Cleaning Oil and scrubbed the ol' bod' down with moisturizing bath products.

Yeah......I killed that glitter beast who was livin' on my cheek.....but I know it's probably stalking me from the shower drain, just waiting to attack again....goin' to get the drain cleaner now.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.