Honored Contributor

2e3f76c0-44aa-47fd-88eb-8486250f3540.pngM60534
Barbara King Illuminated Sandstone Animal Sculptures

The adorable chubby bird option in these animal sculptures is one that I could not resist, despite my austerity policy when it comes to new decor.  I see that it's newly on clearance for $24.86.

I think that's good, since I believe these were a bit overpriced at the old price.  They're rather rustic pieces, and it's not unusual to get flaws-- mine has some.  But the lighting on mine is excellent.  The warm white is soft and nice, but the color morphing (which I never thought I'd like) is my favorite!  One color gently morphs into the next, nothing jarring.  The effect is soothing and almost hypnotic, ha.

I find it very hard to resist "bird anything",  and the plump, self-satisfied sparrow or partridge-looking ones are my all time favorites.  This one looks so cute nestled in a basket, or even my smaller wooden dough bowl.  

For bird fanciers, nice for fall or year round.  Birds are classic, birds are forever.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Thank you for the alert, I just bought the frog for my frog loving DD for Christmas, think she will love it.   I like the bird, but as I mentioned before, I have several large lit birds, not color morphing, so I refrained from buying it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You are being so restrained and well-behaved, @mousiegirl, and your daughter is getting such a fun gift!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

You are being so restrained and well-behaved, @mousiegirl, and your daughter is getting such a fun gift!

@Oznell   Not so well-behaved, I have been to zulily this morning and did quite a bit of damage in faux floral/leaf branches, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

20190806_160814.jpg20190806_160734.jpg

I keep out my chubby bird all year even if there is a bit of glitter on him.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @threecees --  he is adorable!  He has all the chubby bird characteristics I love, plus a cutely alert and intelligent expression.  I too, would have to keep him out all year...