Respected Contributor

I like the coastal themed items and since I live by the coast, I could go in that direction, but I never do for some reason.  I think I love tartan too much and don't want to miss a chance to use red and green tartan for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I like the coastal themed items and since I live by the coast, I could go in that direction, but I never do for some reason.  I think I love tartan too much and don't want to miss a chance to use red and green tartan for the holidays.

@Marsha2003   I can see doing a coastal bathroom, or some small area.  I plan to have a beach display in such an area, to leave up all year, thinking of the guest half bathroom, or maybe in the rec room.  I wish I had a large nook someplace just for this display.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Marsha2003   I can see doing a coastal bathroom, or some small area.  I plan to have a beach display in such an area, to leave up all year, thinking of the guest half bathroom, or maybe in the rec room.  I wish I had a large nook someplace just for this display.

@mousiegirl Remember the Candle Impressions sand castle?  I bought that one coastal item because I just couldn't resist it.  It looks good amongst some shells and coastal items in the den.  However, I've avoided the coastal holiday items.  I'm one of those people that has to fight themselves from buying a whole collection when I get started on a theme, so I set decor guidelines to limit myself.  It sounds like you have one or two places where you can showcase a particular theme that is different from your main decor themes.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl Remember the Candle Impressions sand castle?  I bought that one coastal item because I just couldn't resist it.  It looks good amongst some shells and coastal items in the den.  However, I've avoided the coastal holiday items.  I'm one of those people that has to fight themselves from buying a whole collection when I get started on a theme, so I set decor guidelines to limit myself.  It sounds like you have one or two places where you can showcase a particular theme that is different from your main decor themes.

@Marsha2003   I bought that sandcastle also.  I know what you mean, and I admire your being able to refrain from buying,  that is exactly what happened.  I saw beautiful glass sea shell, mermaid, sea life, etc. ornaments at zulily and went a bit crazy, then had to buy a small tree that looked suitable for sea life, then saw Jim Shore pieces, etc., etc.  Now all I need is a place to display them, lol.  I plan to use DD's collection of seashells through the years in the display.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Marsha2003   I bought that sandcastle also.  I know what you mean, and I admire your being able to refrain from buying,  that is exactly what happened.  I saw beautiful glass sea shell, mermaid, sea life, etc. ornaments at zulily and went a bit crazy, then had to buy a small tree that looked suitable for sea life, then saw Jim Shore pieces, etc., etc.  Now all I need is a place to display them, lol.  I plan to use DD's collection of seashells through the years in the display.

@mousiegirl Yep.  You've described exactly what would happen to me if I didn't say no to ALL snowmen, ALL coastal holiday, ALL Jim Shore, etc.  I even take breaks from looking at Zulily so I don't get inspired...lol.

Valued Contributor

Lo, I have that sandcastle also, love it keep it in my master bath all year.  My favorite thing i  purchase is Valeries Christmas Coastal Santa last year!  He is amazing.  

Do any of you hhave the Jim Shore snowman #H322908?  I own no Jim Shore.

Honored Contributor

Re: CHRISTMAS COASTAL DECOR

[ Edited ]

@ripka junkie wrote:

Lo, I have that sandcastle also, love it keep it in my master bath all year.  My favorite thing i  purchase is Valeries Christmas Coastal Santa last year!  He is amazing.  

Do any of you hhave the Jim Shore snowman #H322908?  I own no Jim Shore.

@ripka junkie   Not Jim's, but I have this snowman and a shell Christmas tree in the same coloring, which I bought at zulily last year.

and I have this of Jim's:

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I love yours even more, still debating the Jim Shore one.  Thank Tou!

Honored Contributor

I would not lean towards this type of decor, but for those who do, it is great to have different options available to suit everyone’s tastes.   

Honored Contributor