Respected Contributor

Re: Buying Gifts and . . . Forgetting?

Yup...A LOT!  I am famous for "misplacing" things!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG Post it notes! or I put the gift tag on after I wrapped it so it's all done. 

Respected Contributor

I use my iphone to keep a running list in the "Notes" section of what I have purchased for Christmas during the year, and where I put it...and who it is for!

Prior to that I taped a piece of paper to the December page of my wall calendar, and wrote the info on that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We still give a few small practical things, but our gift giving is way down,  Each of us buy what we need all year.  Usually we take a trip somewhere together, or have a nice dinner out, but not this year.  

@beach-mom  I have lost a gift gift or two in the past, and I have no idea why, because I don’t have to hide them.  Funny.  🤣

@MeriH   I’ve lost and found more “special” cards than I care to admit.  Now I put them all in one place.  

Respected Contributor

I keep all the gifts I buy in my closet.  I keep them in bags or boxes.  Wednesday I wrapped my gifts and I was surprised by some of the things I had stashed away as I completely forgot I bought them.  This morning I realized I forgot to wrap two gifts and I have no idea where they might be stashed away as they weren't with the rest of the gifts in my closet.