Trusted Contributor

Re: Black Starry Night Hurricane arrived already

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I ordered the navy set at midnight on tsv day and the status on mine also still in progress. 

@Maltichonmom17  - has your order shipped yet? My black order is still "In Process" and I ordered it at the same time as the champagne! Wonder why some orders shipped immediately and others are still in warehouse 5 days later!

@Chi-town girl , as of today, Thursday morning, my blue set is still in process. Hasn't even moved on to "preparing your order" status yet. I ordered another item (not Valerie) later in the same day and it's being delivered today. The estimated delivery date still says 8/22 so 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's strange @Maltichonmom17 - my Black order states 8/23 ETA. I'm glad to see some of my Q orders shipping very quickly. I hope they catch up soon for all of us waiting on our VPH TSV's 

@Chi-town girl , you won't believe what showed up on my doorstep today....yep, my navy starry night hurricanes, along with my other order from the same day. The hurricanes are STILL showing "in process" on my order status hours after delivery, but they did arrive. Looks like the order status was just never changed, maybe a computer glitch or perhaps they were drop shipped directly from the vendor. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Don't lose hope, maybe your hurricanes are also on the way to you "as we speak". 😊 

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I ordered the navy set at midnight on tsv day and the status on mine also still in progress. 

@Maltichonmom17  - has your order shipped yet? My black order is still "In Process" and I ordered it at the same time as the champagne! Wonder why some orders shipped immediately and others are still in warehouse 5 days later!

@Chi-town girl , as of today, Thursday morning, my blue set is still in process. Hasn't even moved on to "preparing your order" status yet. I ordered another item (not Valerie) later in the same day and it's being delivered today. The estimated delivery date still says 8/22 so 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's strange @Maltichonmom17 - my Black order states 8/23 ETA. I'm glad to see some of my Q orders shipping very quickly. I hope they catch up soon for all of us waiting on our VPH TSV's 

@Chi-town girl , you won't believe what showed up on my doorstep today....yep, my navy starry night hurricanes, along with my other order from the same day. The hurricanes are STILL showing "in process" on my order status hours after delivery, but they did arrive. Looks like the order status was just never changed, maybe a computer glitch or perhaps they were drop shipped directly from the vendor. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Don't lose hope, maybe your hurricanes are also on the way to you "as we speak". 😊 

@Maltichonmom17 - OMG! HAPPY DANCE for you! I hope mine are also in route

Let us know what you think when you get to see them all twinkling ✨ 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl , I will definitely check in when I get them out for an in depth look. Today I just peeked at them to verify that that they were the right color and that none of them were broken. Even with that sneak peek, I think I'm having non buyers remorse for only ordering one set. 😫Can't wait to get them set up. 😊

I hope your hurricanes arrive soon 🤞

ETA...my hurricanes status just now changed to shipped 😆

Respected Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

And I can see why everyone raved about them last year.  

They are so striking .... and magical.  

@juanitalinda    You said it best. The black set arrived today. They are everything that everyone has been raving about. The twinkling shows up better on the black set than the spruce. Someone said it reminds them of the NYC city skyline at night. I think it does. Oh I wish that I had got a second black set for my daughter. I may have to part with one candle. 

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Chi-town girl , I will definitely check in when I get them out for an in depth look. Today I just peeked at them to verify that that they were the right color and that none of them were broken. Even with that sneak peek, I think I'm having non buyers remorse for only ordering one set. 😫Can't wait to get them set up. 😊

I hope your hurricanes arrive soon 🤞

ETA...my hurricanes status just now changed to shipped 😆

@Maltichonmom17  - well, that's crazy about your order status! But at least you received your order. My black order is still "In Process" . Have a good weekend 😎

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The ladies on the Facebook page are posting pictures and they look beautiful.  I wish I had bought them.  There's also a lot of talk about orders being canceled.  Apparently they over sold them.  

Trusted Contributor

The pumpkin set I ordered said “In Profess” until today. Now it says “Backorder” so not sure about that.
Trusted Contributor

Sorry for the typo. Process
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have received the 3 sets that I ordered, white, Champagne and Black.

I am posting my review.

while I love the fact they were shipped super fast and I have already received them, I have to say that the quality really declined compared to the last year one.

I was so excited to see them back and with multiple colors choices to choose from and I adore them.

The white color, is really striking when is illuminated so is the black color, while they arrived well packed, 2 of my white ones had chipped on their "lip" part of the hurricane and one had a dented glass, clearly manufacturing defect.

The Champagne ones, had several spots that the paint was chipped off where the light could see through them and specially scratched at the bottom.

The black ones, the same thing, scratches on the oaint and at the bottom too.

Don't get me wrong, I have been shopping at QVC for Valerie things for years and I truly admire her but lately in the last few years I have to say that the quality of her products have really declined.

I adore the Starry Night Hurricanes but even as a TSV for the price, they should have better quality.

where is quality control of these items?

I usually don't post reviews but since I really love these hurricanes I just want to add my 2 scents.

Very disappointed with the lack of quality.

And also, the diameter of the larger hurricane is smaller than the other 2 so that the battery compartment doesn't sit flat at the bottom.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree     That's a shame that orders have been cancelled. I am not surprised though. Off and on Sunday afternoon and even Monday they had some colors listed as sold out and then back on as available then some listed as waitlist. 

@TweetyB   You found defects in all three sets that you purchased? How unusual that all three had problems.  I haven't seen any complaints about defects from any others.  The battery packs fit flat in all but the tallest hurricane. You can't see it in the black and the spruce that I ordered so I don't have a problem with this.