Trusted Contributor

Re: Big and fat and beautiful

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio...Love these mominohio.  They look great in your moms window.  Love the color.

I went back and forth with these, ordered then cancelled cause I didn't know what I would do with them.  then checked all my lanterns and remembered about my big one.  So I  kept stalking them till some came back in.   I have a lantern that is 25" tall and about 15" wide and finally stalked long enough to get the 14 and 10 inch since I had already ordered the 6".  I think they will all 3 fit perfect in the lantern.   They have been shipped so now fingers crossed that they don't melt on the way.

Now I will be on the lookout for something to fill in with them in the lantern    Why do we do this to ourselves???

Would love to have a set of the red too.  Those can be used all year round.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

JPC

Respected Contributor

I see what you mean about the low wick. I wonder if this style would be good in my large glass (dark colored) hurricane? In my small hurricanes, I have the ivory glitter Luminara's, & they look perfect. But from the front of the hurricane, you can see full wick flicker because of the front dip in the candle. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

My photos don't begin to capture the correct color of the red in these candles, But maybe give you all some ideas as to the scale of them.

I have the medium and small brown on the way too. Couldn't get the large brown, sold out.

@Mominohio  I think I'd just like the medium and small ones.  The 14" x6" is just too much candle for me.  I like the looks of those red ones but the chocolate would be my favorite.

@lucymo

I agree, I like the medium and the small ones best. The big one is really big. I haven't brought them into my  own home yet, so I don't really know if it is too big, but I'm thinking it might be for anywhere I have to use it.

I have the brown medium and small on the way, and now I know the sizes will be great, but I'm a little worried about the brown color. I'm hoping it isn't too dark and stands out in a bad way!

I'll post pictures when they get here too. 

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

Oh my! Those are pretty. I can use all sizes. I missed out. sniffWoman Sad

@tiny 2

They are supposed to be reordering these. No idea when they will be back, but I'm betting the will be back before Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio...Love these mominohio.  They look great in your moms window.  Love the color.

I went back and forth with these, ordered then cancelled cause I didn't know what I would do with them.  then checked all my lanterns and remembered about my big one.  So I  kept stalking them till some came back in.   I have a lantern that is 25" tall and about 15" wide and finally stalked long enough to get the 14 and 10 inch since I had already ordered the 6".  I think they will all 3 fit perfect in the lantern.   They have been shipped so now fingers crossed that they don't melt on the way.

Now I will be on the lookout for something to fill in with them in the lantern    Why do we do this to ourselves???

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

Oh I'd love to see all three of these in one lantern! Post a picture if you can make that happen!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

Oh I'd love to see all three of these in one lantern! Post a picture if you can make that happen!

@Mominohio..  Will be glad to share a picture if I can get in to post here.  Haven't tried since they changed thiings around and had a heck of a time before they made their changes.  Will give it the old college try mio

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

@Mominohio..  Will be glad to share a picture if I can get in to post here.  Haven't tried since they changed thiings around and had a heck of a time before they made their changes.  Will give it the old college try mio

JPC

@Mominohio..Got my hugh candles and boy do I mean hugh.  Had Mr Crazy dig out my big lantern and boy was I wrong when I thought I could get all 3 in it.  I got the 14" and the 10" in it but the door didn't shut completely.  No way could I get the 6" in there.  The lantern is apx 27" tall and the bottom is over 13" square.  

Trying to figure out what I will do with them but so far no ideas.  Afraid they will be going back

JPC

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

JPC

@Mominohio..Got my hugh candles and boy do I mean hugh.  Had Mr Crazy dig out my big lantern and boy was I wrong when I thought I could get all 3 in it.  I got the 14" and the 10" in it but the door didn't shut completely.  No way could I get the 6" in there.  The lantern is apx 27" tall and the bottom is over 13" square.  

Trying to figure out what I will do with them but so far no ideas.  Afraid they will be going back

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

Oh no! Sorry you might not have a place to use them. 

I love them, but boy they are huge, and I definitely see how many people would have nowhere to use just one, let alone three or more!

Hope you come up with some ideas and can keep at least one!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

JPC

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

I love them, but boy they are huge, and I definitely see how many people would have nowhere to use just one, let alone three or more!

@Mominohio...I had ordered 2 of the 6" so plan on keeping one of them but haven't decided on the others.  I about dropped my teeth when I pulled the big one out of the box.   Wow.  Mr Crazy couldn't believe the sizes of them.

JPC

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

JPC

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

@Mominohio...I had ordered 2 of the 6" so plan on keeping one of them but haven't decided on the others.  I about dropped my teeth when I pulled the big one out of the box.   Wow.  Mr Crazy couldn't believe the sizes of them.

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy

I have to wonder if they are just too big to be popular at all. Janine Graff (the vendor that presents these) said they will reorder them, but I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of people will be returning, and Q will decide they aren't popular enough to bring in any more.

If that happens, I'm glad I got the ones I did.

I love the shortest of the three, more so than the others. The large one is really too large for my space, but I only ordered one of those, so I will probably keep it just to have the complete set in the red.