Honored Contributor

Re: Big and fat and beautiful

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
Oh my! Darn it. I thought I had talked myself out of these. They do look beautiful!!

So glad you got the truck. What do you think of it? Also, is that the bronze window candle?

@crazycockermom

I missed answering one of your questions!

That is the VPH bronze window candle, but my mom replaced the VPH pillars with the light bulb in them, with Candle Impression Mirage tapers. I bought enough to do the same thing. Gives an even richer look, and the battery life of the Mirage tapers really is long for what they are.

Thanks for answering!   What a good idea.  I've eyed these window candles for awhile but never bit the bullet. 

@crazycockermom

I've used them in the way they come from VPH (with dual sided bulbs bright for outside, dimmer for facing inside) and I've used them with Mirage tapers. 

I like them better with a dancing flame look, but the bulbs were not as bad as I thought they would be (for use in windows only. I didn't like the look of the bulb in the rest of the house, like on a table or in a bookcase. They were too bright for that, in my opinion).

These come up as is a lot, and so much cheaper. I bought a back up set (as I use these in 12 windows) in case any of my originals fail, but wish I had waited to get all of them at the much cheaper 'as is ' price. My 'as is' were just fine, no problems.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
Oh my! Darn it. I thought I had talked myself out of these. They do look beautiful!!

So glad you got the truck. What do you think of it? Also, is that the bronze window candle?

@crazycockermom

That is the VPH bronze window candle, but my mom replaced the VPH pillars with the light bulb in them, with Candle Impression Mirage tapers. I bought enough to do the same thing. Gives an even richer look, and the battery life of the Mirage tapers really is long for what they are.

Thanks for answering!   What a good idea.  I've eyed these window candles for awhile but never bit the bullet. 

@crazycockermom

I've used them in the way they come from VPH (with dual sided bulbs bright for outside, dimmer for facing inside) and I've used them with Mirage tapers. 

I like them better with a dancing flame look, but the bulbs were not as bad as I thought they would be (for use in windows only. I didn't like the look of the bulb in the rest of the house, like on a table or in a bookcase. They were too bright for that, in my opinion).

These come up as is a lot, and so much cheaper. I bought a back up set (as I use these in 12 windows) in case any of my originals fail, but wish I had waited to get all of them at the much cheaper 'as is ' price. My 'as is' were just fine, no problems.

You've given me a lot to think about.  I don't really have any windows I'd put them in.  I have a Florida style house, not the houses I think of when I lived up North that had perfect windows for putting candles.   They would probably go up on ledges, in cabinets.    I'd definitely get them as is since I'm unsure about them. I almost got the black before even though I usually lean toward bronzes.   I can be so indecisive.  But thank you for your input!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

@crazycockermom

You've given me a lot to think about.  I don't really have any windows I'd put them in.  I have a Florida style house, not the houses I think of when I lived up North that had perfect windows for putting candles.   They would probably go up on ledges, in cabinets.    I'd definitely get them as is since I'm unsure about them. I almost got the black before even though I usually lean toward bronzes.   I can be so indecisive.  But thank you for your input!

@crazycockermom

I'm usually a bronze girl for things like this too, but I ordered the black. I had just had all new interior doors installed, with black hardware, on all the bedrooms linen closet, and doors to other rooms like the laundry basement etc. inside the home.

My entry doors have beautiful brass, but I was looking for something a bit more old world. So I got these in black to match all that new door hardware. 

I wish I had just one metal throughout my house, but a number of years ago, we invested in expensive brass for the entry doors, and especially the front door has a nice big kick plate in brass. Too pretty (and looks like new) to change the brass over. Many say brass is out totally, but I still have a lot of Baldwin on display in areas of the house, so it just has to mix in!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom

@crazycockermom

@crazycockermom

I'm usually a bronze girl for things like this too, but I ordered the black. I had just had all new interior doors installed, with black hardware, on all the bedrooms linen closet, and doors to other rooms like the laundry basement etc. inside the home.

My entry doors have beautiful brass, but I was looking for something a bit more old world. So I got these in black to match all that new door hardware. 

I wish I had just one metal throughout my house, but a number of years ago, we invested in expensive brass for the entry doors, and especially the front door has a nice big kick plate in brass. Too pretty (and looks like new) to change the brass over. Many say brass is out totally, but I still have a lot of Baldwin on display in areas of the house, so it just has to mix in!

I too wish we had all one metal!   When we bought the house it had a mixture of brass and brushed bronze. I guess (the real name is escaping me).  I've come to accept that they go together fine, it's not like they are mixed with brushed nickel.  Not about to replace everything.  Going to need new sink faucets in the bathroom and wonder if I should replace with existing brass or the brushed bronze like the light fixture.  But I don't want to replace the shower and tub fixture.  Oy.  First world problems.  But they are things I think about.   Brass isn't as popular these days.  Oh well.  Not being popular ever bothered me before!   

Honored Contributor

They are nice.  I ended up canceling my order.  I wasn't sure if I liked them or was caught up in the thrill of the hunt.  Haha.  I've done quite well since CIJ for someone that was going to be sitting on the couch.  I feel good I canceled.  My first choice was the brown.  Maybe next time.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio,

Very pretty decorating,

Image result for happy fall animated images

Valued Contributor

Ooooo me likey! 

@Mominohio  Stop posting these! I have so many flameless candles in my house that people are going to think they are walking through "that Magic Kingdom"

*sigh* I may be adding more.....

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I cancelled my order of these. They look great in the window. The color isn't a true red but looks like a darker red. This color can be used year round. Very pretty. Enjoy decorating with them. I am glad I cancelled the 14" sizes as it looks too huge for where I wanted to put them. If the10" in brown comes back I will get that one. 

When I bring these home and get to play with them a little I might have a different feeling, but as of now, that 14" is really too tall for most anything I can think to do with it. I'm loving the 10 and 6 inch, they are super adaptable, but it takes someplace really special for that mac daddy big one!

@BabyYoda

@Mominohio The 14" candle sure is a statement piece all by itself. A charger would look good under it. Then you can lay some decorations on the bottom for Christmas. The set looks great together but I would lose the scrolled holder and nestle them all together stacked. Or keep 2 together and separate the larger one. So many possibilities! Enjoy decorating with these. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

My photos don't begin to capture the correct color of the red in these candles, But maybe give you all some ideas as to the scale of them.

I have the medium and small brown on the way too. Couldn't get the large brown, sold out.

@Mominohio  I think I'd just like the medium and small ones.  The 14" x6" is just too much candle for me.  I like the looks of those red ones but the chocolate would be my favorite.

Respected Contributor

Oh my! Those are pretty. I can use all sizes. I missed out. sniffWoman Sad