Respected Contributor

Re: Beverages for Holiday Dinners

CIDER!  I make a maple cider butter rub for the turkey. the first time, i put the extra cider on the table.  It was gone in a flash!  Now I get an extra gallon because everyone expects cider on the Thanksgiving table now.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife --our family recipe is--

-

1 lb butter

1 box of brown sugar

1 carton of vanilla ice cream\-1.5 qt

Let the ice cream soften and melt the butter and add the brn sugar--- mix together. Store in freezer. Add  a few scoops of batter in a cup with a shot (or more, or less or none for kids) of rum or brandy and add hot water and mix. 

Honored Contributor

We always have apple cider, sparkling water and wine.  There's always some soda in the fridge for those who prefer that.  

Honored Contributor

Always wanted to serve fruit punch, but never have. We offer everything. Beer, wine coolers, wine, soda, coffee and milk. Never had a person request tea, although one wanted champagne.

Respected Contributor

whiskey sour punch with appetizers and wine w/ dinner. beer, pop, too. milk and drink boxes for the kids.

Respected Contributor

For Holidays we serve champagne, wine, beer, cider, soda and bottled water. If the guests want something else they can bring it themselves.

If your family wants both types of ice tea, than that is what you should make, or put someone in charge of making it.  Not a problem.

Honored Contributor

Depends on how fancy you are, but we use water, tea, lemonade, a quick and easy punch, or soda if going more casual. 

I try to have a lot of different choices in both foods and in drinks, and everyone likes different things. I find it hard when we go somewhere and they are serving only one cold drink, and it isn't something I drink (I hate coffee and tea and just can't stomach them). I will always be ok with just water though.

Respected Contributor

Water, soda and wind are our go to beverages

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The alcohol will definitely be flowing with my family this year. I am not much of a drinker,  but I have a friend and whenever her and the husband entertain (they do not drink) they have you bring Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. They sell them in the grocery stores in different flavors.

Their  actually pretty yummy. 

Honored Contributor

We have never been big drinkers so it rarely occurs to me to serve beer or wine.  DH and I drink tap water with or w/o flavor drops, La Croix/Bubbly, Zevia, and electrolytes.  Our family know that.  If they think they'll want something else, they'll bring their own.