Respected Contributor

Beverages for Holiday Dinners

What do you serve to drink for your holiday meals? We always drank wine but things have changed this year and alcoholic beverages are out. Any suggestions other than just water? All I can come up with is water with limes, lemons, or oranges but looking for suggestions. We drink iced tea but the family is divided and some want it sweet, some with no sweetener at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beverages for Holiday Dinners

Iced tea...sweetened and unsweetened, water and wine.

Trusted Contributor

How about Tonic water with juice of your choice - Cranberry, Orange, Limeade (my kids favorite), etc.  You get Fizz and can put in a wine glass if you want.  

Valued Contributor

When i was a child, my mother served fresh apple cider from a local orchard.  I could drink gallons of it.

Now, we have iced tea.  My husband drinks it unsweetened and I put Splenda in mine.  You can always serve unsweetened iced tea and offer sugar or sugar substitutes on the table and everyone can customize it to their taste.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 , I like that idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wassail

We would make one version  warm with  alcohol , red wine brandy, orange juice cranberry juice  and mulling spices . Some would  add ice and drink cold.

The  wassail mixes that are premade  are extremely sweet so we would make our own .

We would make a non alcohol version   or Chai ice tea.

Valued Contributor

We serve Martinelli's Sparkling Cider at holiday dinners, as well as iced tea. For those who want their tea sweet, we provide sugar and also have lemon on hand. Also, our ice cubes for the tea are made with Fiji or other bottled water because they freeze so much clearer than even the Brita water cubes. The adults often have coffee with dessert.

Honored Contributor

Mixed drinks or beer---and sparkling waters and then there are the hot buttered rums/brandies too---whatever we want---no one over indulges tho---

Respected Contributor

If your family enjoys iced tea I would make that, one sweet one unsweetened. If you do not have time to make it on Thanksgiving Milo's is a good brand of tea.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone gets to choose their beverage of choice (within reason)  I have a selection including sparkling cider, sparkling flavored and unflavored water, ice tea, ginger ale, assorted soft drinks, wine etc.